Options
I ate some bad stuff today :(

I don't even want to say what is was :P

So I would like to hear some techniques for resisting cravings etc

Replies

• maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My will to feel sexier, healthier and better is stronger than my will to want to eat the bad stuff.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When I see something I really want to eat and it doesn't fit into my diet, I ask myself "would I rather have that piece of cake, or would I rather lose weight, look better and be healthier?"

If I still have trouble resisting, I tell myself that I can eat it (or something equivalent) if I still want it after I have done some extra exercise to make more room in my diet.
  • herdqt21
    herdqt21 Posts: 12
    Options
    Always have a better alternative on hand i.e. skinny cow ice cream sandwich, fresh fruit or rice cakes...As far as resisting fast food or fatty meals just SAY NO! It sucks!!! I know but once you eat your healthier meal you will be full and satisfied and happy you didn't cave and choose the bad meal! Its just will power and determination. Hang in there!! I'm on my 3rd week its sooo hard but i'm determined to not look fat on our trip to Germany this summer! :)
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I live by the one bite rule
  • sydneygambee
    Options
    A lot of the time, what I crave is not necessarily the food itself, but more of the texture. I thought this was complete bull when I first heard it, but it actually works. If I'm craving chips, I try eating a crunchy vegetable, like sugar snap peas. Not only that, but sugar free banana popsicles and fat free fudgsicles have saved me when it's come to a sweet craving! The thing is, you're going to have days that you just don't stick to your calorie goal. The trick is to not let this discourage you. Most people go over, or eat a lot of bad stuff, and say "oh well, I've already messed up my diet today/this week/ this month, I might as well eat another bowl of ice cream," but you have to just accept that fact that you're not always gonna stick to it perfectly, and keep at it. The next day, try sticking to your calorie goal again. Don't give up because you went off your diet one day or one week.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    For me, I don't always resist. If I never let myself have treats, then I tend to binge periodically. Instead I have a small treat every day, and sometimes allow myself a bigger treat when I've worked out hard enough to earn it. Keep some small treats on hand, like the drumsticks Lil' drums for when you need a sweet fix.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I recall how crappy and guilty I felt after a binge...I never wanna feel that way.

But food wise, when I have cravings, I either chew gum or brush my teeth. Alot of times Im not hungry, Im thirsty so I drink a bunch of water. But if I really need something, I go for yogurt or one of my 100 calorie snacks. I love Kashi Chewy Peanut Butter bars or fruit I have at the house. I just try to find something low calorie to kill the cravings :)

Best advice...dont let it get you down. Start new tomorrow and learn from it.

Good Luck

Jessica
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't resist when I really, really want something. But I try to make the bulk of what I have smart choices. And burn lots of calories so I can "afford" to make less smart choices.

But sometimes, knowing the calorie count of something is enough to make me have second thoughts. If I want a snack, and I look at a 90 calorie peanut butter chocolate chip granola bar, and 90 calories of M&Ms, I know I'm still going to be hungry after the M&Ms. And the granola bar is still tasty and chocolaty.
  • clean115
    clean115 Posts: 59
    Options
    A lot of the time, what I crave is not necessarily the food itself, but more of the texture. I thought this was complete bull when I first heard it, but it actually works. If I'm craving chips, I try eating a crunchy vegetable, like sugar snap peas. Not only that, but sugar free banana popsicles and fat free fudgsicles have saved me when it's come to a sweet craving! The thing is, you're going to have days that you just don't stick to your calorie goal. The trick is to not let this discourage you. Most people go over, or eat a lot of bad stuff, and say "oh well, I've already messed up my diet today/this week/ this month, I might as well eat another bowl of ice cream," but you have to just accept that fact that you're not always gonna stick to it perfectly, and keep at it. The next day, try sticking to your calorie goal again. Don't give up because you went off your diet one day or one week.
    Wow I never knew about the texture thing... I get the feeling that's gonna help me a lot, thanks :)
  • harderfasterstr0nger
    Options
    Watch Food Inc.
    Brush your teeth when you know you shouldn't eat anymore
    Drink a water bottle before eating
    Do 25 crunches to decide if it's really worth it (it never is, haha)
    Suck on ice
    Eat Jello/Popsicle instead
    Tell yourself to get some after your workout, but you won't be hungry after working so hard for your body
    Try on goal jeans/ your bikini

I usually tend to binge on peanut butter, so I looked up gross facts about it and wrote them on the bottle.