Takeaway Chinese food calories

Options
I'm going to a house party tonight and just found out they're ordering in Chinese food, do any of you know the calories in any of the dishes

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    The thing that was suggested to me a couple of weeks back was to Google something like "calories in Chinese food", look at a few examples and make an educated guess based on the average values for a dish. (I've also been advised to try and avoid the fried/breaded items as much as possible - not easy!)

It probably varies based on the specific restaurant and what ingredients they use, so a 'best guess' is all we can do unless the restaurant has nutrition information online.

I hope that helps a little! Try and eat reasonable portions, don't worry about it too much, and just enjoy the company of your friends. :smile:
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I usually order steamed vegetables with either chicken or shrimp with garlic sauce. I have celiac disease so I'm limited on what I can eat anyway, but the steamed dishes are usually listed in the "diet" section of the menu.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Most stuff is on the database
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    using the mfp database, i usually just pick a well known chinese restaurant and go with the stats for their food. i also pick and pre log a few things that will probably be ordered, (if i don't have input on ordering) and stick with those. things like chow mien, sweet and sour chicken, pot stickers, or egg rolls.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat chinese all the time. its all in the database