Girls: Where do you lose the weight first?

Options
Hi everyone!

I am 21 years old, 5'5" and weigh 206 currently. Started at 212 a few weeks ago.

I'm wondering where you all lost the weight first? Where did you start noticing a change first?

I feel like I haven't changed yet size wise at all and was wondering what you all experienced.

If you don't mind listing your age, height, and weight too that would be nice!

:-)

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    My hips for sure. I dropped a jeans size after losing about 15 pounds. My fiance noticed my weight loss at about 15-20 pounds. I'm 5'6.5"

You may lose weight and not feel like you have - it's a good idea to take measurements and/or progress pictures.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, 5'5.5", and 150. I started at 202.5. I notice weight loss in my arms, legs, and face first. I lose in my waist/stomach dead last.
  • stinegulliksen
    stinegulliksen Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello! I´m almost 22, 5´5" and started out around 209lb. I lost a lot around my back, hips and butt. I think I noticed it first around my face and neck though. I currently weigh a little under 148lb. I actually just posted about my weight loss earlier today if you want to take a look :blush:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10334409/one-year-later#latest
  • caitlinvoland
    caitlinvoland Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001 Congrats on dropping on jean sizing! That's what I am aiming for. I am going on a cruise in June and really want to get rid of my problem areas (butt and thighs) so that I am comfortable on the cruise. Sadly though I have only lost 6 lbs overall and haven't seen any changes and I have been measuring too.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds so far and it's all come off my rear end. It's starting to lose that shelf-like look, lol.
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just [restarted] my weight loss three 21 days ago. I've lost 10lbs. I asked my husband if he could notice yet and he said he could tell in my face.
    5'2" and 172 lbs. But I am pear shaped and carry most weight in my hips and thighs.

Edit: 24yo
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    I lost first in the places I accumulated last. So for me that under my chin, some in my upper arms, and stomach.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Boobs for me!
  • caitlinvoland
    Options
    @stinegulliksen Wow! You look great! You started around my weight and I only really care to get down to 160-170 for now. Would you mind adding me and giving me more information about what you did to lose all of that weight???
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i lose in my stomach/waist first. I notice weight loss around 15-20 lbs. Although at 6 pounds, i'll notice a difference because i'll feel healthier and spunkier just because i'm dieting and the scale is going down. As far as clothes fitting differently, thats about 15 or more pounds, for me. im 5'4" As far as people around me noticing, no one ever says anything unless i get sickly skinny and then thy'll say something.
  • stinegulliksen
    stinegulliksen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @stinegulliksen Wow! You look great! You started around my weight and I only really care to get down to 160-170 for now. Would you mind adding me and giving me more information about what you did to lose all of that weight???

sure!

• caitlinvoland
    Options
    @meridianfaith I have similar shape so I understand what you're going through! I can't seem to get rid of my butt and thighs... :-(
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have lost around 110 lbs. It came off pretty evenly everywhere except my stomach. It felt like my stomach held on until the bitter end.
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that will be last for me! Fortunately my husband likes that, haha. But just make lower body workouts one of your main focuses and toning will eventually make all the difference
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    @meridianfaith I have similar shape so I understand what you're going through! I can't seem to get rid of my butt and thighs... :-(

Well, it's only been 6 pounds. Patience, grasshopper.

At your height and weight, you should easily be able to average a pound per week loss until June if you are diligent about tracking your Calories In and Calories Out and more if you are more aggressive, which I don't recommend. (Do be aware that the calorie burns given my MFP are considered to be inflated and many suggest eating only half of them back.)

Are you using a digital food scale to weigh all your food? What are you doing for exercise? How much time per day do you spend watching TV/using the internet, etc?
  • caitlinvoland
    Options
    @kshama2001 I weighed my food when I was following a diet before but that diet just make me sick. Now I basically eat the same thing for breakfast and for lunch everyday which is cereal for breakfast (sometimes whole wheat toast or oatmeal instead) and a turkey sandwich on whole wheat for lunch. Dinner is always different but I try to make sure it is low calorie. I usually am under my calories which is 1200 a day. I usually have 100-200 remaining and then I exercise at night after work. This is usually elliptical or running/walking and some weights.

I also have a desk job so I spend 9 hours of my day sitting at my desk on my computer :-( Can't take any breaks for exercise either...
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 19, 5ft and started at 211.8 and I am now 199.8lbs although I fluctuate sometimes between 201 and 199.8! I've noticed I lost weight in my hips/thighs. My jeans are starting to get looser although I haven't gone down a dress size yet. I hope to get down to 120/130lbs!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My face. I have a pretty chubby face and that is where I always seem to lose first. It took me about 15 pounds and putting pics side by side to really notice it.

Don't get discouraged if you haven't noticed yet, especially since you are just getting started. It's going to take some time but it is definitely worth the wait.

I'm 36, 5'5, 193 pounds.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I can tell you where I lose it last: gut.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those lucky people who loses pretty evenly all over. This of course means it can be harder to notice the changes, progress pictures are my best friend.

Started at 220lbs, 5'5, have lost 42lbs so far.