HELP LOOKING TO LOSE FAT ,BUT BUILD MUSSEL

Options
HELP LOOKING TO LOSE FAT ,BUT BUILD LEAN MUSSEL.
I MEAT MY EATING GOALS DAILY WITH HEALTHY FOODS,I TRY TO HAVE ORGAINIC WHEN POSSIBLE.
I EAT GRASS FED MEATS FOR PROTEIN BUT NEED TO NO IF I CAN GO OVER MY PROTEIN LEVELS DAILY FOR MUSSEL GAIN .I LIFT WEIGHTS 3 TIMES A WEEK AS A FULL BODY WORK OUT ,I ALSO TAKE CREATINE MONO DAILY TOO.ANY HELP IS WELCOME AND I WILL SAY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Protein should be .7 grams per pound of LEAN BODY MASS, per day. Don't go much over that unless you want to get fat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Outside of noob gains, the likelihood of doing both concurrently is not very high. But generally a small deficit 10% under tdee, 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass (~.ig per lb of weight ), .35g of fats and the remainder carbs. Also, you should have a solid progressive lifting program.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Outside of noob gains, the likelihood of doing both concurrently is not very high. But generally a small deficit 10% under tdee, 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass (~.ig per lb of weight ), .35g of fats and the remainder carbs. Also, you should have a solid progressive lifting program.

yup
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Id suggest checking out a seafood store for your mussels.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    KarlDouglasDougie Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ha ha ,muscles are coming on nicly thanks ,I used to be a british champian weight lifter 3 years in a row and won many other medals too. but that was 12 years ago and now i have 2 kids that our growing up now so i want to get back too shape as i let myself go abit. but that's strength training ,I now need to do the reps for musle build
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Id suggest checking out a seafood store for your mussels.

Beat me to it!

• KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    spelling is not my good point sorry .lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Why is your calorie goal at 1320? That's way too low for the purposes you state here. Honestly, that's going to cost you more muscle than you would like.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If I was you I would raise my calories to a minimum of 2000 your TDEE is more than likely above that then workout to burn the calories needed build muscle via muscle Memory if you were in great muscle shape before should come back nicely.. Like stated above get your Protein up to .8 times desired body weight.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    im just trying to lose my body fat down to 12 - 15% then ill bulk after the summer.im not over weight for my bmi,im just right.
    my muscle is coming on nice in the arms and shoulders and ill start training chest soon.
    my cal goal is set at 1320 as I don't eat that much food really anyway and what I do eat is healthy.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    im just trying to lose my body fat down to 12 - 15% then ill bulk after the summer.im not over weight for my bmi,im just right.
    my muscle is coming on nice in the arms and shoulders and ill start training chest soon.
    my cal goal is set at 1320 as I don't eat that much food really anyway and what I do eat is healthy.

I doubt you'll build much on 1320. Best of luck to you.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    I started in dec 2015 at 14 stone 3 and have got down to 12 stone 4 at a 1800 cal def.but ive been stuck at that weight for a month now so I started on here and came up with the 1320 cal a day .I not looking to get massive while eating this way ,im just cutting to tone up at the moment.
    what do you recommend to get off the small amount of body fat I have.
  • nutmegoreo
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I started in dec 2015 at 14 stone 3 and have got down to 12 stone 4 at a 1800 cal def.but ive been stuck at that weight for a month now so I started on here and came up with the 1320 cal a day .I not looking to get massive while eating this way ,im just cutting to tone up at the moment.
    what do you recommend to get off the small amount of body fat I have.

You lost 28 lb in two months eating 1800?

I'm asking for clarity sake, so that the suggestions for you are appropriate.

Also, how did you determine you were eating 1800? How much more are you looking to lose?
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    I was eating 1500 cals and working out hard with the weights as well as a lot of long heavy work at work for 12 hours a day,ive recently emptied out 2 massive work shopping with thousand of car parts in as well as all the heavy working equiptment,and moveing hundred of wheels and tyres ,every thing done by hand from units to van and the move to new premises and unloaded again.so I killed myself for 2 months .
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    this week ive gone from 12stone 03 to 11stone 13
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    With aggressive weight loss, you will not gain muscle. In fact, the higher the deficit and the more lean you get, the harder it will be to be able to maintain muscle. As you get more lean, your body will need more calories. And generally, when you get closer to your goal, you should be increasing calories, decreasing the deficit and continuously increase your weights.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    where would be a safe daily setting for me then ,ive put it up to 1500 cal ,should I go higher,i had a cheat night tonight so ive had 2100 cals today ,but I only do that once a month.had dinner out with the misses and kids.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    where would be a safe daily setting for me then ,ive put it up to 1500 cal ,should I go higher,i had a cheat night tonight so ive had 2100 cals today ,but I only do that once a month.had dinner out with the misses and kids.

I sent you some links for additional reading that should help you decide this. Each person is going to be individual based on goals, exercise habits, height, weight, etc.

Alternatively, what does MFP give you when you do the program setup? It should have asked a bunch of questions when you started and given you a goal number. That number is without exercise calories.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I sent you some links for additional reading that should help you decide this. Each person is going to be individual based on goals, exercise habits, height, weight, etc.

Alternatively, what does MFP give you when you do the program setup? It should have asked a bunch of questions when you started and given you a goal number. That number is without exercise calories.

yes the number I got was 1320,but people are saying its to low,so ive moved it to 1500.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Yeah, 1320 is too low for a guy. I know the MFP default bottom for women in 1200. I thought it was 1500 for men. Maybe not though. Did you enter 2lb/week loss? What activity level did you enter? How much more do you want to lose? If that list of activities you made above is typical of your daily activity you should be on a higher activity setting, not on sedentary. Those things can make a big difference.