Hit my Birthday Goal!

Today, I turned 35. Jan. 31st was the first day of my journey, when I weight in at 252.6lbs. I started counting calories, exercising daily, and tried shooting to hit the 230's by today. I weighed in, and 239.5!! Yes, high 230's..barely hit it, but I do not care! I did it! Target goal is to eventually hit 210lbs...so still got awhile to go, but I feel so accomplished right now.

My metabolism has always been fairly decent, it has just been my unhealthy addiction to junk food and alcohol. Depression led me to drinking pretty heavily...to the point where I could and often would drink a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka in 1-2 days. Tolerance was up, health was sub-par, to say the least. Never really ate much of anything, except dinner...sometimes the occasional pizza for lunch. No real health issues though, with the exception of high blood pressure. Haven't touched any alcohol in over a month (no AA, just started exercising whenever I had a craving).

Anywho, don't know why I am sharing so much...probably just the morning coffee and elation of hitting my first big goal (second if you consider not drinking a goal lol.)

I hope everyone has as great weekend!

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Happy Birthday! And congrats on making your goal. :)

I have a birthday goal too...still a couple of months away.
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    Congratulations and happy birthday! You've made a lot of great changes - keep up the awesome work! I wish you'd reconsider a support group for drinking, though. Having in-person contact with others who struggle with addiction is a big help. No pressure, just a suggestion :)
  • Happy Birthday! Great job!
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    Birkah wrote: »
    Congratulations and happy birthday! You've made a lot of great changes - keep up the awesome work! I wish you'd reconsider a support group for drinking, though. Having in-person contact with others who struggle with addiction is a big help. No pressure, just a suggestion :)

When my girlfriend was going through her Master's program for Social Work, she needed some hours with group therapy, and AA was one of the options. I went with her to a few to sit in....yeah, no thanks! Group is not for everyone. In fact, I craved the drink more after each meeting! Having a positive goal is my inspiration.
  • StencilChild
    StencilChild Posts: 60 Member
    ilex70 wrote: »

ilex70 wrote: »

Happy Birthday! Great job!

Thank you!
  • konagirl64
    konagirl64 Posts: 211 Member
    Happy Birthday
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Happy birthday and congrats to you!
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    Happy Birthday to you! It sounds like you're on a good path now, wishing you success and congratulations!

I credit CICO for limiting my alcohol consumption (finding out how many calories were in drinks), it effectively fixed my situation, that was becoming a real problem.
  • darken6
    darken6 Posts: 56 Member
    Wtg! Happy birthday!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Great progress! You've given yourself some of the best birthday presents of your life...
  • Congrats on hitting your goal!! :)

3zkq82vzbity.jpg
  • jmackey1980
    jmackey1980 Posts: 29 Member
    Congratulations...it sounds like we may be very similar in terms of ability to gain or lose weight. When I'm on the wagon I drop fast too (28 down since early Jan), but also much like you say. When I'm off the wagon, I can eat (and drink at times, though not to the extent you've stated, way to go on taking that head on) 5,000 + calories a day easy. As a result, at 1,500 calories, the weight melts off. I just need to find a balance as I get closer to my goal weight. I'm 16 lbs from my initial goal and about 40 from where I'd like to be longer term.

Add me as a friend if you'd like to keep in touch.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Happy birthday and congratulations!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Well done! You're doing a great job. Happy Birthday!
  • JourneyMan1976
    JourneyMan1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Good job and keep it up!
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Today, I turned 35. Jan. 31st was the first day of my journey, when I weight in at 252.6lbs. I started counting calories, exercising daily, and tried shooting to hit the 230's by today. I weighed in, and 239.5!! Yes, high 230's..barely hit it, but I do not care! I did it! Target goal is to eventually hit 210lbs...so still got awhile to go, but I feel so accomplished right now.

My metabolism has always been fairly decent, it has just been my unhealthy addiction to junk food and alcohol. Depression led me to drinking pretty heavily...to the point where I could and often would drink a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka in 1-2 days. Tolerance was up, health was sub-par, to say the least. Never really ate much of anything, except dinner...sometimes the occasional pizza for lunch. No real health issues though, with the exception of high blood pressure. Haven't touched any alcohol in over a month (no AA, just started exercising whenever I had a craving).

Anywho, don't know why I am sharing so much...probably just the morning coffee and elation of hitting my first big goal (second if you consider not drinking a goal lol.)

I hope everyone has as great weekend!

Congratulations !!! Keep up the great work. It will soon be worth it !