alternative to ohp?

Whenever I try to perform any kind of overhead press (even unweighted) my right shoulder clicks and then it aches for days later. While I'm working on solving that problem, what other lifts can I be doing to work the same muscles? Thanks.

Replies

• boofmylumpia
    boofmylumpia Posts: 43 Member
    You can try side lateral raises or upright rows. It will target the deltoid muscles but using a pull movement instead.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Thanks!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm going to the chiropractor next week for the same issue. It just started, and only actually hurts when I OHP (not on bench). I've just dropped it until I get it fixed.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Work in them rotator cuffs and rear delts
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    lisalsd1 wrote: »
    I'm going to the chiropractor next week for the same issue. It just started, and only actually hurts when I OHP (not on bench). I've just dropped it until I get it fixed.
    My chiro said I strained a muscle with poor ohp and curl form but I've corrected that and it still clicks and hurts so I'm just laying off it for now. Let me know if you figure anything out!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    I think I did something to mine doing dips. I was using the assisted machine and going to far below parallel (probably should have reduced the assistance then)!