Anyone bought the Fitbit Surge?

Options
Hello All,

I have been wanting to buy a fitbit for a while since my CVS heart rate monitor started giving me inaccurate readings. I was thinking about the Fitbit Charge HR but I heard some negative reviews about how the clock shuts off ir people returning them to the Sport Authority several times. So I saw that the Fitbit Surge came out and heard that it was easier to sync and you can also receive text messages on the phone.

I just wanna know if anyone has bought it and if so can you share your experience with me before I decide to go to Sport Authority and buy it today after I go to the gym.

Also if you are able to sync it with MFP please let me know
Thanks in advance

Replies

• tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the Surge and LOVE it.... but, I'm not a big fan of how the band is not replaceable; so I'm going to be gifting it to my friend when I get the Fitbit Blaze when it comes out in middle of March. The Blaze is almost the exact set up of the Surge, but it has changeable bands. I think that one of the differences between them is that the Blaze doesn't show you the GPS tracking like the Surge does. As I never use this feature I really won't care that it doesn't display that.

But, to me, the Surge has been great. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that the band could not be changed. Now that Blaze is coming out, I'll be a very satisfied fitbit customer :)
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Send me a message, let's be friends on Fitbit!
  • ashlepersuasion
    ashlepersuasion Posts: 51 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well I had the fit bit charge for less than 6 months and it broke. Wouldn't recommend buying that one. I'm wating to buy the Fitbit Blaze nowustmgoj5usgl.jpeg
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have the surge and I like it. I syncs the same as all Fitbits do. The only thing I don't love is how bulky it is so when I'm dressed nicer it looks kinda funny. Not a huge deal though. I like the gas for tracking my distance. I recommend it as long as you don't mind the size of it.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Gps not gas lol
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback everyone. I saw some of the negative reviews and then I went to the website. I learned that the fitbit Alta is coming out in mid March so Im gonna wait for that. Im the mean time I bought a fitbit charge hr and I bought a plan at Sports Authority so that I can retuen it in a month and get my money back.