Too few calories???

Options
When I post my foods for the day, it keeps telling me that I'm getting too few calories, but my protein level is usually over what it should be. Also, I think that it's saying I can have way more fat that I should. Can someone take a look at my food diary and tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks!

Replies

• ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You need to make you diary public...
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    *your*
    You need to make you diary public...
  • flietz
    flietz Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the same "problem" LOL No help here, sorry!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think you need to go into settings and allow others to view your diary.

There is a way to edit those settings as well, to cater it towards the specific type of diet you are on.

I'm assuming that you are doing some sort of low/lower carb diet if your protein is high, you can change that specific setting and others to fit your specific diet.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You can adjust your macros under Goals.
    Change up your fat, protein, and carb levels.
  • candysh0p
    candysh0p Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To find out how much you should be eating, do a BMR calculator. 1200 isn't a magic weight loss number, the amount you should be eating is different for everyone.

As for protein, I think the number MFP recommends is usually too low. Try have 0.75g of protein per pound of bodyweight, I personally try and hit at least 120g daily. For fat, as long as you're getting it from healthy sources (e.g. nuts, avocados, seafood) you're fine. Don't worry too much about the macros.
  • ladderhorse
    Options
    To find out how much you should be eating, do a BMR calculator. 1200 isn't a magic weight loss number, the amount you should be eating is different for everyone.

As for protein, I think the number MFP recommends is usually too low. Try have 0.75g of protein per pound of bodyweight, I personally try and hit at least 120g daily. For fat, as long as you're getting it from healthy sources (e.g. nuts, avocados, seafood) you're fine. Don't worry too much about the macros.

Very sound advice.
    It all depends on whether you're on a specific diet; if not, I would aim for a good amount of protein (atleast twice what MFP recommends), medium fat (around about 50g a day) and low carbohydrates, making sure to keep calories according to your BMR.
  • pamarnold
    pamarnold Posts: 36
    Options
    Oops, ok now my diary is public. I'm not on any specific diet, I just limit bread, pasta, sugar, snacks and such. I basically eat chicken, avocado, veggies, nuts, sesame sticks, advocare products, fruits, eggs, and greek yogurt. I try real hard to stay away from breads (except whole grain) and sugars especially. I try for fish 3 times a week, but not a big fan so I usually fall short of that. Love ground turkey, though.
  • pamarnold
    Options

I don't have a BMR calculator, yet (but I'll be getting one)... I have a scale that measures BMI though, and mine is really high.... like 43!! I'm starting to wonder if the "too few calories" is the reason my energy level isn't up to par to sustain the exercise intensity I want to put forth?? Oh, and my food diary is public now if someone would please take a look and evaluate it for me. Thanks!
  • dodd84
    dodd84 Posts: 9
    Options
    You can get your BMR calculation on here, it's under the 'Tools' section so no need to spend your money!
  • pamarnold
    Options
    awesome, thanks!