any other type 1 diabetics out there?

Options
hi, I'm vicky! I'm type 1 diabetic and trying to loose weight, I'm finding it really hard and wondered if there was any other type 1s out there that could give me some advice? thanks in advance!

Replies

• freedomofchoicefeo
    Options
    Hi Vicky, I'm Pete. I'm also a type one diabetic. Only started using this app today. Got great trouble keeping those levels where they should be. I started watching what I eat and checking my bloods on a regular basis only about a month ago. Maybe we can help each other with dieting.
  • freedomofchoicefeo
    Options
    Hi Geordielass40, :)
    Good to see you here too! I haven't heard anything back from vickiann1995. I'm glad to see someone else with T1D around. Especially someone as experienced as you. I've been using this app for about two weeks now, I think. Could be three. I like the app because it really helps me with keeping an eye on my food intake. Ever since I started using it I got my glucose levels under better control. My initial idea was when I started using it to find out how many insulin units I need for certain amounts of carbs in my food. But for now I'm just getting used to a stricter diet since i haven't controlled what I was eating in a long time other then injecting more insulin when ever I got a snack. I'm changing this habbit because I want to be in more control and therefore I hope I will have more freedom. Fingers crossed!
    I'm injecting by the way. Are you using a pump or are you injecting as well?
    :)
  • deepakanabar06
    deepakanabar06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a type 1 diabetic pump user
    Used mfp for quite a while and lost a lot of weight originally, put some of it back on and trying to lose again
    Feel free to add me or message
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am also type 1 and looking for some friends... I have been in and out of gyms for a long time and recently went back. I am up to six times a week and have 60 pounds to go.