Fitbit One - Does anyone wear it on their wrist?

I've been wearing my Fitbit One (clip-style) clipped to my clothing for several years. I recently noticed that Amazon, Ebay, etc. carry wristbands that are made for the Fitbit One. I'm thinking about trying these, but I remember reading somewhere a while back that the FB One doesn't register an accurate floor count when worn on the wrist. Can anyone confirm this? What have been your experiences/likes/dislikes about using a wristband vs. the clip? If you like using the wristband style, where did you purchase yours? Thanks!

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    I think those wristbands would be better used if you wanted to track your sleep with the One.

The algorithms for calculating steps are different for each type of Fitbit. Wearing a One on your wrist will decrease its accuracy.

~Lyssa
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    ctychick wrote: »
    ...the FB One doesn't register an accurate floor count when worn on the wrist

It's designed to be worn on the body, if you wear it on a limb the accelerometers will give you a significant false positive level.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    I use my wrist strap at night as I use the alarm on my one and track my sleep, I don't like things on my wrist due to having a bad break years ago.

If you want to wear it on your wrist then I'd say you'd be better looking at the flex, HR or surge which are designed to be worn on the wrist.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    I clip mine on the center of my bra most days - totally hidden. Rest of the time clip to my hip or keep in my pocket.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    ctychick wrote: »
    I've been wearing my Fitbit One (clip-style) clipped to my clothing for several years. I recently noticed that Amazon, Ebay, etc. carry wristbands that are made for the Fitbit One. I'm thinking about trying these, but I remember reading somewhere a while back that the FB One doesn't register an accurate floor count when worn on the wrist. Can anyone confirm this? What have been your experiences/likes/dislikes about using a wristband vs. the clip? If you like using the wristband style, where did you purchase yours? Thanks!

I agree, it's not accurate worn on the wrist but if it's just floor count you care about, it shouldn't affect that. It uses an altimeter for that, not the accelerometer. The change in air pressure should be the same anywhere on your body.

If you want to see how different the accuracy is on the wrist or ankle vs. the torso, record a walk around the block worn in each spot then compare the calories burned for each. I did it with ankle vs. torso and I want to say it thought I burned like 1.7 times as many calories on my ankle, but it was years ago so I'm not sure the numbers. It was very overestimated, though.