Tips on evening

Options
Any ideas on those evening cravings? I'm trying celery, but don't wanna do an overdose on those.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You will not overdose on celery.

Plan for evening cravings. What do you crave? Salty, sweet? Pick something that will work and build it into your calories.
    Or find a replacement. I like a drink in the evening. I have found that a spicy tea will satisfy (I like a spicy rum).
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I save calories for the evening. Then, I allocate one thing per hour. So, say I get the kids to bed at 7, dinner is 7-8. 8-9 is a low cal icecream. 9-10 is a hot chocolate (jarrah, 70 cal) and maybe a biscuit. Usually I try to go to bed after that, but if I'm up late I might have a little yoghurt or something between 10 and 11.
  • JourneyMan1976
    JourneyMan1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah thx for the tips, new to this calorie counting thing, noticed 1st day with MFP that I was eating 1000+ calories in snacks.. Changed my views on things, now notice that I can better control the morning and lunch and it gives me more spare for calories negotiations in the evening. The more spare, better the odds :)
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am coming out of a rough patch with my excessive sweets and snacks intake and started adding a drip of peppermint extract in water throughout the day and peppermint tea at night, totally helped with the cravings.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What would a celery overdose look like?
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Either save some calories back for your late night cravings or if you don't have a lot left by then choose some low calorie options- sometimes I like to have some hot tea with a little honey as it's great on a winter night and a hot drink makes me feel full. If I have a sweet craving I also like some low calorie hot chocolate with a little dollop of cool whip. A piece of fruit is high fiber so it can be filling and satisfy the sweet tooth, and is generally low calorie (although bananas are a bit on the high side). Popcorn in the hot air popper is great as it's low calorie and high fiber so it fills you up if you're hungry and need to munch on something with a little salt.
  • phyllis731
    phyllis731 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    First, remind yourself of your goals, both short and long-term. Are you exercising? Are you drinking water? It's probably a good idea to find lower-calorie replacements and have them at the ready. I usually keep vegetables already cut in the fridge to snack on do I don't have to chop. I also don't keep things in the house that are tempting.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Save calories for evening snacks. Plan your day ahead of time and figure out how many calories you need to feel satisfied in the evening.

Find some lower calorie snacks that satisfy your cravings. If I want popcorn, celery is *not* going to work for me. Air popped pop corn with a minimal amount of butter and some sea salt will work (and it's low calorie). I love ice cream, so I'll look for the lower calorie slow-churned kind or I'll get popsicles.
  • JourneyMan1976
    JourneyMan1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thx for those ideas!