Getting serious about losing 20lb!

Options
Hi all!

I've had a rough past year and have put on 20lb that I've been struggling to take off for the last 6 months. Enough is enough and I'm taking changing my diet seriously.

I work out 6-7 days a week but my inconsistency with dieting and frequent binges make my exercise pointless.

Excited to be diligent to post and meet others on the same journey using this app.

Hi all!

Replies

• jmcfarland247
    jmcfarland247 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in basically the same situation, but it's about 35lbs for me. Having friends with the same mindset about healthy eating and exercise will make it easier!
  • beccadez
    beccadez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in desperate need of support too!
    I've been doing well with changing my eating habits and logging in but I cannot, for the life of me, get motivated to work out.. I already have the gym membership and even my brother donated some of his equipment to me but I feel overwhelmed! I don't know where to start :#:#:#:#:#
    Hopefully we can swap successes and keep each other motivated!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I've had a rough past year and have put on 20lb that I've been struggling to take off for the last 6 months. Enough is enough and I'm taking changing my diet seriously.

I work out 6-7 days a week but my inconsistency with dieting and frequent binges make my exercise pointless.

Excited to be diligent to post and meet others on the same journey using this app.

Hi all!

Can I be honest? If that's you in the profile pic... You don't need to Lose 20lbs
  • ak_4202
    ak_4202 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm here if you want!:)
  • dramos1961
    dramos1961 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Trying to nail 40 but trying to stay focus on limits. GL2U
  • burpeebeginner
    burpeebeginner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!

One of the best pieces of advice I received today was this: "you can't out-exercise a bad diet." I can't say that it's the first time I've heard that one, but I have ignored it for the longest time!

Like you, I'm finally taking diet seriously. It's hard and sometimes time consuming, but the pounds are dropping every day.

Keep at it!
  • meldeeonline
    meldeeonline Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Totally -- such true words!
    Excited to see your success story :)
  • meldeeonline
    Options
    Rob -- that pic is so old! I was 115lb there. I'm 140 now. I will update :)
  • ima58er
    ima58er Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just figure out you calorie intake to reach your goal. Adjusting moderately in steps. and stick to it. You will succeeded. Your food intake is the key. Good luck.
  • meldeeonline
    Options
    beccadez wrote: »
    I'm in desperate need of support too!
    I've been doing well with changing my eating habits and logging in but I cannot, for the life of me, get motivated to work out.. I already have the gym membership and even my brother donated some of his equipment to me but I feel overwhelmed! I don't know where to start :#:#:#:#:#
    Hopefully we can swap successes and keep each other motivated!

<3 Good luck, girl! Try workouts that you find to be fun. For me, that changes ALL the time. Sometimes running outdoors, sometimes on treadmills, sometimes spin classes, sometimes hikes ...... exercise is my addiction so I wish I could trade my enthusiasm for it!!
  • meldeeonline
    Options
    dramos1961 wrote: »
    Trying to nail 40 but trying to stay focus on limits. GL2U

Good luck to you too =)
  • meldeeonline
    Options
    ak_4202 wrote: »
    I'm here if you want!:)

mmmm!!! =)<3
  • meldeeonline
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »
    Hi all!

Hi all!

Can I be honest? If that's you in the profile pic... You don't need to Lose 20lbs

You can definitely be honest!!! I updated my profile pic to more recent - FYI!
  • nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've got about 25 to lose and would love some more friends in a similar situation. (and my profile pic is old, too. It's my motivation for what I want to get back to...)