140lbs Lost! Just got Skin Removal Surgery (M/21)

Options
TyFi_10
TyFi_10 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
Starting Stats 18 Years Old ~ 5'9" ~ 308.4 lbs ~ XXL Shirt & 42 Pants
Current Stats 21 Years Old ~ 5'11" ~ 168 lbs ~ M Shirt & 32 Pants

Thursday marked a big day for me, as I received an abdominoplasty to remove excess skin from my stomach. It cost me $10,000 CAD , which obviously incredibly expensive, but I was beginning to notice mental side effects of a small (and I do believe it was small) pouch of skin on my lower stomach and thought that at my younger age it would be worth it long term. Fortunately, I received a loan from my mother to make it happen. For that I'm obviously greatful. Interestingly enough, I have an abdominal binder on until my follow up appointment on Wednesday, and I have chosen to not peak at the results yet. So I will have to update later on with pictures.
Here's my last picture. 0vqmx1swu3k6.jpg

If anyone has any questions, I'd love to offer insight into some of the tips I can offer someone beginning. Also, I intend to post pictures of the actual end results because of the fact that I found it so difficult to find males that had abdominoplasty procedures.

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Wow, incredible transformation! Great work!
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • TyFi_10
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • ramskermfc
    ramskermfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Impressive transformation . . . congrats!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Very impressive - well done :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the weightloss!

I totally understand, you wanting the skin removed. I had a more extensive surgery (upside down T-Cut on stomach and upper abs and had my breasts 'rehung'). It was totally worth it. Had more lose skin than you (woman / short / live long obesity), that bothered me during working out, buying clothes and the general look of things. It is much easier for me to live with the extensive scars (healed well, but a bit of keloids on the upper abs, that have now been removed/resown), than with the belly and ab flaps I had. Take care of you scars and don't do too much too fast.
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Great job bro!

How long did this take you?
    What motivated you to go on this path?

Albeit- great job -especially getting a control on your life at this age is going to be very beneficial to you
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look great!!
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Well done. Surgery will not be everyone's cup of tea but if it is something that you personally felt would help then that is all that matters. :-)
  • TyFi_10
    Options
    viren19890 wrote: »
    Great job bro!

How long did this take you?
    What motivated you to go on this path?

Albeit- great job -especially getting a control on your life at this age is going to be very beneficial to you

2.5 years of losing, and just over 6 months of maintenance. I remember stepping on the scale being 308lbs and in my mind I was expecting to be 260lbs max, so I got scared to change or else I knew ther would be major health affects.
  • Kaylee_Girl21
    Kaylee_Girl21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow! What a transformation, and story! I, for one, am so proud of you for sticking through it all! Way to go! Very very inspirational! (:
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • TyFi_10
    Options
    Add me too! I love new friends!!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Wonderful lad! Very well done indeed :-)
  • Deadcat66
    Deadcat66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    congratulations!☺
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Congratulations n the loss and surgery
  • TyFi_10
    Options
    samjoy wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. Congratulations n the loss and surgery
    Thanks I successfully got out of the house today for the first time since Thursday!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you do not mind me asking, how much did the skin removal surgery cost? was it covered by your insurance?

Great job!
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • TyFi_10
    Options
    Panda_brat wrote: »
    If you do not mind me asking, how much did the skin removal surgery cost? was it covered by your insurance?

Great job!

It wasn't covered unfortunately, and it was $10,000 Canadian dollars.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!