why carnt i add exercise to my daily diary

Options
why carnt i add exercise to my daily diary
do I have to upgrade to premium to do so ?

Replies

• hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You do not have to be a premium member to add exercise. Are you on a mobile device, or a computer? What happens when you click on the exercise tab?
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    KarlDouglasDougie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    im on a pc.i add exercise but nothing is there for me to add to my daily log
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    im on a pc.i add exercise but nothing is there for me to add to my daily log

Are you adding it to the strength training bit?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You are most likely searching the database at EXERCISE > Database. That feature will let you enter different body weights and minutes for different cardiovascular exercises to get an estimate for Calories burned, but it won't add it to your Exercise Diary. This feature comes in handy if you want to know how many fewer Calories you would burn at your target weight as opposed to your current weight.

You need to navigate to EXERCISE > Exercise Diary > Cardiovascular > Add Exercise. This will provide an estimate for Calories burned at your current weight and you will be able to add those exercises to your Exercise Diary.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you want to add a custom exercise and your own calorie burn from a HRM or other device, click the Exercise tab, then My Exercises, then the green Create Exercise button. Type in a brief workout description, fill in the cals and time, etc and you're done.

If you are going with pre-loaded exercises in the database, click Add Exercise under Cardio or Strength Training (keep in mind Strength won't give you a calorie burn), type in a common exercise and MFP will calculate a burn for you based on your stats and length of workout. MFP tends to estimate high, so keep that in mind when eating back burned cals - a lot of members go with 50-75% rather than all of them.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    thanks for answers,i normally do 7-8 set of arm curls and 25 reps ,sit ups 5 sets of 30,pressups ,5 sets of 20,back wards pressup 5 sets of 20 reps, dumbbell press ups 5 sets of 20 reps,tricep work 5 sets of 15.
    I do this 3 times a week.how many cals do you think I burn .I normally complete this in 3 hours ?

thanks for all replys.
  • CyberTone
    Options
    thanks for answers,i normally do 7-8 set of arm curls and 25 reps ,sit ups 5 sets of 30,pressups ,5 sets of 20,back wards pressup 5 sets of 20 reps, dumbbell press ups 5 sets of 20 reps,tricep work 5 sets of 15.
    I do this 3 times a week.how many cals do you think I burn .I normally complete this in 3 hours ?

thanks for all replys.

I would add the number of minutes - subtracting out the time for rest between sets, so probably no more than 30 minutes - under Cardiovascular as "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)." It will not be many Calories.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    do you think I should do some cardio sesstions to burn fat as that my goal at the moment,im not really over weight ,I just want to lose the bottom of my stumock to show my abs.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    do you think I should do some cardio sesstions to burn fat as that my goal at the moment,im not really over weight ,I just want to lose the bottom of my stumock to show my abs.

You don't have to do cardio. If you aren't trying to lose pounds but are trying to lower body fat than diet is going to get you most of the way there, staying at a reasonable deficit. I'd recommend if you have access to heavier weights to do a full body compound lifting program like Stronglifts or Starting Strength or something similar. That sounds like it would help your goals.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    that sounds good blues4miles,i just don't want to lose to much weight as I will lose muscle as well.im now down to 11 stone 13 from 14s 03 2 months ago.yes im slimming up well.but when do I stop lose weight and start gaining muscle .as my cal goal are 1320 at the moment on a healthy diet.should I go upto 1600-1800 or more ???
    I just don't want to get stuck at maintaince again as I did for a long time with no weight lose or other changes.as soon as I set the 1320 cal daily,ive been seeing weight lose and fat lose ,with out feeling too hungry or knackered.
    I do car body repairs daily like lots of sanding as well as engine work ect so Im pretty active.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    that sounds good blues4miles,i just don't want to lose to much weight as I will lose muscle as well.im now down to 11 stone 13 from 14s 03 2 months ago.yes im slimming up well.but when do I stop lose weight and start gaining muscle .as my cal goal are 1320 at the moment on a healthy diet.should I go upto 1600-1800 or more ???
    I just don't want to get stuck at maintaince again as I did for a long time with no weight lose or other changes.as soon as I set the 1320 cal daily,ive been seeing weight lose and fat lose ,with out feeling too hungry or knackered.
    I do car body repairs daily like lots of sanding as well as engine work ect so Im pretty active.

What are your stats? Why are you eating so little?
  • CyberTone
    Options

Woah. At 155 lbs. (11s 1lb) I was eating 1900 Cals (netting 1550 Cals) and losing one pound per week. You are likely not getting adequate nutrition by eating below 1500 Cals per day. Add any additional activity above sedentary and you are more likely to be losing muscle mass along with fat.
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options

What are your stats? Why are you eating so little?

I find if I up my cals per day I just get stuck a a weight for weeks on end
  • KarlDouglasDougie
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »

Woah. At 155 lbs. (11s 1lb) I was eating 1900 Cals (netting 1550 Cals) and losing one pound per week. You are likely not getting adequate nutrition by eating below 1500 Cals per day. Add any additional activity above sedentary and you are more likely to be losing muscle mass along with fat.

what do you mean you were eating 1900 cals ,but netting 1550 ?? im new to all this stuff