HRM recommendations

Options
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive heart rate monitor? Please and thank you!

Replies

• ChubbyCyclist
    ChubbyCyclist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What do you consider "Inexpensive" I paid 60 bucks for my Polar heart rate monitor and I love it. I think you can find cheaper ones on Amazon.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    I have Sigma PC9. Buying it was the best deal I made :) Unfortunately I have no idea how much it costs in dollars or in pounds, but I paid for it very little (compared to all garmins and polars) in my national currency.
  • Imbiutiful
    Imbiutiful Posts: 39
    Options
    something under 50 bucks...
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I bought a SportLine one and it was $50. It tracks your cals burned, how much time you spent under, in, and above your target heart rate zone, and it will alert you when you're in your zone, etc. You can pick between fat burning, health maintenance, and weight loss zones.
  • Imbiutiful
    Imbiutiful Posts: 39
    Options
    Michelle where did you get it from?
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for something to track cals burned, be careful of the cheaper ones because they tend base it on a default setting (I have a timex one that does this)
    It's worth spending a little more on a lower end Polar ft4 or ft7
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for something to track cals burned, be careful of the cheaper ones because they tend base it on a default setting (I have a timex one that does this)
    It's worth spending a little more on a lower end Polar ft4 or ft7

Exactly what he said!

When it comes to HRM"s you want to steer away from "cheap". I had a cheap one and wound up returning it because of how off the calorie count was.. then I got my Polar Ft7 and I couldn't be happier.