Any die hard smoothie fans?

Options
2»

Replies

• caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie almost everyday, but my smoothies are a lot simpler than the ones listed above. I usually just throw 1-2 cups fresh or frozen fruit in the blender with 1-2 cups of baby spinach/kale blend and some water. Tastes great, super simple, and all natural.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Mmm, Die Hard smoothie...

40b14cbccba044fef868784e72500bbe.jpg
  • TriciaSmith2015
    TriciaSmith2015 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1/2 of a banana
    1 1/2 cups of spinach
    1/2 cup of frozen cherries
    1/2 cup of chopped carrot
    1/2 cup almond milk

That's my favorite so far.
  • ellenavegan
    ellenavegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't have smoothies every day but I love having them so so much! My favourite recipe is:

- 1 banana
    - 1 cup soy milk
    - Lots of strawberrys
    - 1 tsp vanilla

You can also freeze the fruit so when you blend it it becomes like soft serve ice cream, it's so delicious and sweet! I really recommend it :) x
  • melstampz
    melstampz Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes "die hard" is the perfect phrase. (Smoothies FTW!) Especially for breakfast; it sets the day up right.

Mine has organic produce & powders & water:

- Mostly fill the large nutribullet cup with rainbow swiss chard (or kale/romaine/bok choy/spinach...)
    - 1 ripe banana
    - 2 tsp frozen/fresh blueberries
    - 3 mango pieces (or grapes or raspberries or cranberries or...)
    - 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
    - 1 tbsp chia seeds (protein & omegas; they also help the fruit not spike blood sugar)
    - 1/3 tsp ceylon cinnamon (regulates blood sugar)
    - 1/3 tsp raw cacao powder
    - 1 tsp moringa leaf powder (protein and loads of nutrients; it has a watercress flavour.)
    - Cold water to fill

(I find the whole recipe is too filling to have at one sitting, especially with the chia seeds, so I save half of it for mid-morning or for when that lunch hunger hits. It always saves me from grabbing cheat foods.)

P.S. When I started I warmed up to the green smoothie by adding more fruit less greens and then gradually increased the greens. Spinach is a great starter (very sweet) & lemon or vanilla can actually make the smoothie taste sweeter too.

P.P.S. Sorry to ramble, but these pre-prep tricks help me immensely: It can really motivate you to stick to a nutriblast routine if you're already part way there the night before. I clean veggies a couple days ahead & sometimes even put the fruit/veg in the bullet cup in the fridge overnight. If you like powders etc. you can save time in the morning by having them mixed ahead. I use 7 cute little short mason jars & combine the chia seeds and powders just once a week.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I drink one every day. I keep it simple and delicious; banana, kale, milk, oj, yogurt and frozen fruit
  • rattiemomma
    rattiemomma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Melstampz's post reminded me: I use those small clear food service-type plastic containers with the lids (the people use for dressing . . . or jello shots). I keep pre-measured doses of high-calorie add-ins in them, like nuts and seeds, protein powder, etc.

Also, this isn't smoothie-related, but it is NutriBullet/blender-related. My favorite lunch when I "have nothing to eat" (ie, I'm feeling whiney, hungry, tired, sick of whatever I've been eating a lot of lately) comes out of my NB. I measure out and rinse some canned black beans. Half goes in the blender cup. I add some salsa and broth and pulse. I pour it into a mug, add the rest of the beans and nuke it. OMG, yum!
    If I have the calories I'll add shredded cheddar and/or diced avocado.