cant stick to a diet!

Options
I am a yoyo with my weight I can never stick to a diet. But I am getting married and want to feel confident in my dress on my big day.

I really need advice and tips on how to kick myself in to gear! :-)

Replies

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    You have to really want it nobody can motivate you but you. We can help but it still comes to what you want. Have you put in your info on mfp to see how many calories you need to eat? Weigh all food on a scale. Try and be active if its just walking.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Have a plan!
    Plan out what you will eat and when you will exercise, it really helps.
    Good luck!
  • annkeane614
    annkeane614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And instead of calling it a diet try looking at it as life style change, shifting to healthier eating long term.Focus on obvious veggies, fruit, salads, whole grains, nuts, pulses, protein foods, lots of water. Avoid sugars , too much salt, unhealthy fats and the biggest demon of all foods....... PROCESSED FOOD
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Maybe it's the kicking and the dieting and the hurry that makes your weight yoyo.

Make a plan that you feel that you can stick to for the rest of your life. Eat food you like, just 500 calories* less of it than you do now. Weigh everything you eat, and log it. That will decrease your weight by a pound* per week. Add exercise if you want to. But above all, be patient, realistic, honest and consistent.

(These are typical values; the amount of calories and the rate of loss will vary according to your weight/BMI - follow the numbers MFP gave you at setup, and adjust after any considerable loss.)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Use MFP. Log the food you eat. Use MFP to plan your next meals. The beauty of this tool is that it makes you think, really think mindfully, of what you're doing with food. Once your mind is engaged in this, it works.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    Since you are looking to a certain date, this might not help, but along with the idea of seeing this as a lifestyle change, perhaps taking the approach of eating the calories that would be maintenance for your goal weight would be a good calorie goal. That way the amount you are eating is the amount you will be eating to maintain your weight when you get to your goal. That is the approach here http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well it's not a diet. It's learning to eat in moderation during certain times of the day.
    Don't eat that third slice of pizza.
    Eat a small slice of cake, not a big piece.
    Limit junk food intake to once a day or once every two days.
    Try not to eat fried foods.
    Limit fast food to once a week.
    Eat a couple salads throughout the week with more salad and less toppings and dressing.
    Drink less soda and less sugary drinks.
    Drink more water.
    And don't eat past 9 o'clock.
    Does that sound like a diet?
    It's just changing up the routine a bit to what's better for your body.
    My doctor had asked me what diet I was on to have lost weight (lost 50 lbs). Said I wasn't. Still ate my pizza and cheeseburgers. Just ate less and moved more.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way... no matter what you have to make choices. Might as well make the best choices the first time.