Treadmill + Netflix = Success!

Options
I hate to excersize so I set my treadmill up facing the wall in the basement. I got my son to put up a shelf right at eye level on the wall and set an old Wii and a little flatscreen TV on the shelf and stream Orange is the New Black while walking on it. It's an hour long absolutely addicting and its the only time I allow myself to watch it. It really keeps me coming back nearly everyday. I highly highly recommend doing this!!

Replies

• CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    lol. I used to watch lord of the rings from my elliptical...
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Treadflix and chill
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding something that works for you!
  • Paleovmw
    Paleovmw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh hey me too! I have watched almost the entire series of Criminal Minds while using my Bowflex T-20 Treadclimber. That is 45 minutes a day for the last 6 months! Woot! Down 30 and going to keep it that way! Congratulations! I thought I was the only one!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yep! I love audiobooks while on the treadmill, but I have been considering moving the treadmill into my room facing the TV to walk more. Not necessarily incline or running, but to get some extra steps by casual walking while watching TV without breaking a sweat. I'm watching stuff in my free time anyway, so why not do it while walking?
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    AylaAlys wrote: »
    I hate to excersize so I set my treadmill up facing the wall in the basement. I got my son to put up a shelf right at eye level on the wall and set an old Wii and a little flatscreen TV on the shelf and stream Orange is the New Black while walking on it. It's an hour long absolutely addicting and its the only time I allow myself to watch it. It really keeps me coming back nearly everyday. I highly highly recommend doing this!!

Podcasts are my treadmill activity. I used to do Netflix but my new gym doesn't have working WiFi.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I hate Treadmills, and so I don't own one. However, today I'm at a hotel, and Man, having a TV in front really makes it easier.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've been watching House of Cards on my phone while on the treadmill or elliptical at the gym. Their wifi is awesome! The only bad thing about it is that I only do cardio two days a week. Haven't figured out a way to watch Netflix on my phone while lifting. Haha
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Me too! The entire Dragon Tattoo trilogy, countless British, Swedish, Danish, and French tv series (see a pattern here!) Subtitles really force me to focus on the show instead of the treadmill. Plus it's a way to "travel".
    I still go to the gym to lift, and run outside unless the weather is horrid, but the "TreadFlix" helps me get a bit more activity in while still indulging in a normally sedentary habit.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have my road bike set up on a trainer in my living room (I hate riding in the cold, and also not enough daylight hours to get it done). I hate pedaling on the trainer, but Netflix or movies help get it done.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,848 Member
    Options
    I watch either Netflix or Amazon Video my tablet. Time just flies by.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I do my hula hooping and weight training in front of the TV. It's to the point where I feel like if I want to watch TV, I have to work out!
  • calnorth22
    calnorth22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When the TV that my treadmill faces died, I rigged up a board across the side bars of my treadmill so I could watch Netflix on my laptop. When I have a lot of steps to catch up at the end of the day, it really helps, especially when it's bitterly cold and dark early!
  • AylaAlys
    AylaAlys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I keep looking for the "like" button to click on your responses lol.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I put my iPad over the display so I'm not distracted by numbers then run through an episode of Doctor Who, or find some good live concert videos on youtube.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I always do this, only way i can workout
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into doing that instead of listening to music.
    I was doing the same thing with an animetofu series, wouldn't watch it unless on the treadmill, so I was really anxious to get back on the treadmill. Other times though I do like my music to relax to.