I swim, I bike, I run...

Options
neocharon
neocharon Posts: 19 Member
And then I eat way too much! Normally I can consume 4,000 calories after a days workout, but I find that I have been eating crap and alot of it! My hefty 4000 calorie diet quickly began being augmented by less then healthy foods which moved to eating a diet of fast food. Who has time to prepare six meals a day while working and training. My downfall was that I did not keep a journal. I was shocked the first time I calculated an 8000 calorie day.

Well I found this website and it seems to make short work of keeping a record so I will train and eat and record it all on this website. So, hello to all and good luck meeting your goals. Any questions about triathlons or marathons let me know.

Replies

• mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I swim, bike and run too. Oh and do Crossfit. LOL

Anyway, I've heard this many, many times: I trained for an Ironman and GAINED WEIGHT.

I took that as a warning and journaled religiously while training for my first Ironman. This year I'm trying just keeping track in my head because after 3 years of tracking my food online, I got sick of it and also I would love to be an intuitive eater. So far, it's working calorie-wise but my food content could be better.
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    Hello
  • Pickledpeppers
    Options
    Hi Sam. I too was shocked to realize how unhealthy of foods I as eating!! That's one thing that prompted me here. We live very different lives activity wise which just goes to show how easy it is to slip into the 'fast food diet' which is what I have been doing too!

I'd love to help support you in eating better. This website is great from what I've seen and I've even downloaded the app to help me keep track of things
  • neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do body weight and kettle bell workouts. My bud keeps trying to get me to become a crossfit instructor but I have not bought in to it yet! I have seen some good things on the Xfit endurance. For now I will stick with what I know and keep researching!
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Michigander!! :happy: I just took up running, working up to my first 5k. I bike, (just recently conquered the hill of death!!!) and I swim in Lake Michigan....but just for fun. (undertows scare the heck out me!!!) Amazing how many calories one consumes in a day before logging. Makes you stop and think. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you would like, I'm all about encouraging and supporting....and most of all learning from other people striving to be healthier! :flowerforyou:

~melissa