Successful Shower after shoulder surgery

Options
WHOOP WHOOP! I wven got my hair washed and rinsed all by myself!

Replies

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Great job! Understand totally; I broke my wrist (the right one of course) and am just now starting to get the use of my hand back. B)
  • aliziehm
    aliziehm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. People don't appreciate the struggle, but we do make it look easy, don't we!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's a lovely feeling indeed :-)
  • aliziehm
    Options
    Yes. And thank you!
  • framy13
    framy13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand your excitement and pride. I had a benign bone tumor removed from my left upper arm almost 2 weeks ago. My husband is still helping me shower, and I have started exercising again wearing the sling (1 elliptical session and 1 walk of 3 miles).
  • aliziehm
    Options
    Wow. That's dedication! Good job! I'm way too self-conscious to let someone help me shower (recent bariatric surgery too), so I just do the one-handed deal with the help of as crunchy wand...it's working okay so far. Keep working at it!
    Peace--
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,464 Member
    Options
    Don't be surprised if it takes a while for your shoulder to return to "normal". I hurt mine back in the summer, and it's just now gotten back to the point I can move it more or less freely without pain. I'm working on recovering the strength lost during that down time.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I remember my first shower after back surgery- I had to have my husband turn the water on for me because I couldn't reach it! CONGRATS!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. After they put a pin in my fractured hand, it was months before I could even flush the toilet with that hand.mlol
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Last year I broke my elbow and upper arm and had surgery on both. Being able to shower was pure heaven. If you don't have a hand held shower, get one. Makes a huge difference. Hope you are able to get comfortable to sleep at night. Shoulders are tough in that respect. Best of luck in you having a speedy and complete recovery!
  • aliziehm
    Options
    Wow. How nice you all are! Yay, us!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Jealous. I'm 17 days out of foot surgery, and still taking baths with my leg draped over the side of the tub.
  • aliziehm
    Options
    Wow Closet! You have a tub, now I'M jealous. We just have showers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!