Wheelchair user maintaining ~75 lbs lost for 4 years

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    uyb76di5vctw.jpeg
    Recently started lifting heavy stuff to lean out... Pretty awesome progress in a short period of time.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    amazing!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Amazing!!!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Unbelievable. Excellent work. It certainly puts peoples struggles and excuses into perspective - my own included.

Excellent job!
  • Alysia82
    Alysia82 Posts: 67 Member
    I just have to remember how miserable I was back then, and I immediately snap out of whatever rut I may be in. I've definitely gained back a significant amount over those 4 years (about 20 lbs here and there), but I ALWAYS bounce back. I just can't let myself go back permanently. The colder/darker months are always a challenge.

Thank you for sharing
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    edited February 2016
    Congratulations ! :o Amazing work - a healthier and happier you!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    You are amazing! I lift heavy (not medically cleared for cardio) so I know how much work is involved! I have an invisible disability (I'm chronically ill and have pain issues related to my disease) and know how difficult it is to be consistent and work around limitations even though mine are way less than yours! Great job!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    You're amazing!!! Congratulations on your progress!! You're an inspiration!!!
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    You have emerged from a cave of fat and you look like a really wonderful guy. There are always some difficulties in life so the important thing now is to create some good habits for how you can comfort and strengthen yourself when life gets tough. You used to use food. Now you might use exercise, meditation, friends, reminders of how far you have come etc. I wish you every happiness.
  • tottie_07
    tottie_07 Posts: 105 Member
    Holy smokes. 50-70 miles a week? Your a beast!!! You just radiate! Love that smile. Yes, maintenance is just as much a challenge as losing. And you should be proud. Keep up the good work!!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Thank you all =)
    tottie_07 wrote: »
    Holy smokes. 50-70 miles a week? Your a beast!!! You just radiate! Love that smile. Yes, maintenance is just as much a challenge as losing. And you should be proud. Keep up the good work!!!
    Yup, and I'm training for my first marathon this May. We'll see how that goes... O_o I have not gone more than 21 miles consecutively, so 26.2 doesn't seem like too much of a stretch... hopefully.

• tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    I know everyone else has said it but you look great! You look both healthier and happier and I can't be sure if it's cause of your diet or something else but your skin appears clearer now too.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Pinned!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Thank you for sharing that. Awesome guns!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    You look great!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    I know everyone else has said it but you look great! You look both healthier and happier and I can't be sure if it's cause of your diet or something else but your skin appears clearer now too.
    Yup my face is definitely clearer after adopting a healthier diet. When ever I eat sugar it explodes though! Gotta stay away from the stuff.

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    You look fantastic. I agree that maintaining is WAY harder than losing.
  • tottie_07
    tottie_07 Posts: 105 Member
    Thank you all =)
    tottie_07 wrote: »
    Yup, and I'm training for my first marathon this May. We'll see how that goes... O_o I have not gone more than 21 miles consecutively, so 26.2 doesn't seem like too much of a stretch... hopefully.

Awesome sauce!! I am rooting for ya. :)
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Your transformation is amazing! I love that smile!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!