7Ibs to lose..eed some critical analysis

Options
Hi

Im 36, 5ft 3" and have 2 kids. I work 21/2 days and pretty much on my feet for 8 hours in the day when working and even more so on the days im not working. I have started running again and trying to up my mileage every week. running 3 times a week on average. My last run was 5 miles .

weight around 127Ibs. want to lose 7Ibs more. BMR is at around 1250, B I 22.4. My body fat is probably around 28%.

I am consuming around 1250-1500kcals daily and weight loss is so slow!!! Does anyone do a fasting day or alternate days, high carb, low carb? Any tips are appreciated.

How do i lose 1Ibs a week?
why wont this middle area shift?
Do i have to work my *kitten* off to have less of a tummy?

Replies

• Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think they weight you have is quite nice, and would focus on lowering your fatpercentage rather then loosing weight. This way you tone your body, and might loose some of that tummyfat. It does mean that you need to workout ;)

Also it might help to open your diary so we can help you there too
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I agree it's incredibly difficult to lose those last less than 10 lbs. I am in the same situation with wanting to lose my last 7.6 lbs to reach 125. I found that when I tried to Dukan diet (which may not be right for some people) I have moved the scale downward up to at least 1 lb a week. I used this to bust my 6-wk plateau at 137 lbs. Here is my blog write up on my experience: http://getfitdiva.blogspot.com/2011/05/surviving-dukan-diet-3-day-attack-phase.html.

I know my body is most affected by my eating so I need to switch things up all the time. My calories are set at 1350/day right now and when I workout I try to push hard like interval running or Insanity workouts. As far as the tummy I have been losing inches often and I know it's because I cut out a lot of sugar and carbs combined with Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred and Insanity workouts. I have focused on lowering my body fat percentage but it's nice to see the scale move. Last I calculated body fat was 25.6%

Hope this helps!
  • nimbi
    nimbi Posts: 27
    Options
    Perhaps you've reached a plateau with running so you don't burn as much doing it, try some different exercise for a while?
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    slow and steady