weight loss slow down

Options
I have lost 55 kg's............... should I expect to see this slow up??? how much should I expect per week now??

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. It may very likely slow down for a few weeks and then you'll have a "boom" week and drop a bunch at once
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Smaller bodies use less energy.

If you keep your calorie intake the same over time, you'll lose weight more slowly the smaller you get. If you want to keep about the same rate of weight loss, you need to lower your calorie intake. Once you hit 1200 calories, you won't be able to lower it any further so the rate will slow because you can't create as large a calorie deficit.

Plus, as stated above, weight loss isn't linear. Look at your trend over time.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    If you haven't recalculated your calories since your last 10-15 lbs loss you should. MFP asks if you would like to.

It does slow the closer your calorie intake gets to your maintenance intake, and/or you get within 10-15 lbs of your goal weight.
    That is where exercise calories come in useful as they can be dropped a little to make your deficit part calories, part exercise.
    Being accurate with your weighing and measuring of food really comes to the fore too.

Cheers, h.
  • MezArcher
    MezArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. It may very likely slow down for a few weeks and then you'll have a "boom" week and drop a bunch at once

So instead of losing weekly like I have been I may go a few weeks with static weight then lose a bunch all at one time??
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes that's possible. Just keep it going!
  • MezArcher
    Options
    I do about 16 km of non intense walking a day would my body have started to muscle gain rather then lose weight........... unfortunately I have not done body measurements to test this
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining muscle walking or eating at a deficit.

What is your current heigh and weight, what has been your rate of loss this far and what is your current calorie goal and what do you have as your goal to lose?
  • MezArcher
    Options
    aim to lose another 30 kg I am 1.48mtr, and now at 86 kg I had been losing @ 2kg a week but it has been a struggle to lose anything since Christmas I eat under 1200 calories a day
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    MezArcher wrote: »
    aim to lose another 30 kg I am 1.48mtr, and now at 86 kg I had been losing @ 2kg a week but it has been a struggle to lose anything since Christmas I eat under 1200 calories a day

2kg/week is really fast. Eating less than 1200 cals/day plus walking 12km/day? I don't see how you can maintain a healthy nutritional balance doing this.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    it is not the healthiest way of going about losing weight but it was working...... but not anymore (I been keeping up my vitamin supplements)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    MezArcher wrote: »
    it is not the healthiest way of going about losing weight but it was working...... but not anymore (I been keeping up my vitamin supplements)

It's really not healthy. There can be long term health consequences for what you are doing. Vitamin supplements are not enough.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    I have been scared to increase my calorie intake in fear of gaining the weight I have lost. do u have any sugestions
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Start increasing your calories by 100 per day for a week. Then the next week add another 100 etc.
    at the same time start eating your exercise calories. Slowly up them from 15-20% to 50-75%.

If you are not eating back exercise calories when you hit maintenance you may start putting on weight, or have to drop your calories by a couple of hundred to compensate, if and when you stop exercising.

You are basically using a NEAT method of calorie calculating when you are actually eating as though it is TDEE.

Cheers, h.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    Thank u for your help I will add more milk to my diet to up the calories a bit