Hard Time losing weight

Options
Hello, I don't really know what to say, but I guess I'll start by saying, I'm 30 years old and weighing myself today I've finally hit 300 lbs, this is the heaviest I've been ever, it's hard for me to look at myself in the mirror anymore and I'm tired of not being active...

I was always working out and trying to lose weight but somewhere along that time I got comfortable and fed up with only losing half a pound and slowly began losing myself... Now 4 and half years later I put on 40 lbs since 2011 and I've on 120 since high school, my ideal weight is to be at 200 or under but right now I don't see that as a realistic goal...

The problem with me is that I no longer have that drive to push myself or to work out. What makes this worse is that I'm expecting to be a father for the first time this May and I don't want my son to grow up looking at me as a fat guy who is not active...

This is just hard and I just don't know what to do or how to start, I try going to the gym and I work out decent but I don't get motivated enough to go the next day. For as long as I can remember I've been going up and down in weight. I'm 30 years soon to be 31 and I just want a healthy life

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your frustrated! I'm sure we've all been there at some point ! I know I have !!!!
    What helped me was starting small. Instead of trying to change everything in one day, make small changes and see if that helps.
    For example- try weighing all your foods for one day. Challenge yourself to weigh each portion and log them here.
    The next week you could try going for a five min walk.
    In time, all these little changes add up !
    I've found that once something becomes part of your daily routine then it becomes easier to stick to .
    Best of luck !
  • Manny0202
    Manny0202 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you can definitely say it's frustration, I mean I can't remember that feeling of going to the gym everyday and working out anymore... I forgot what my drive was, I feel like a complete failure sometimes when I eat something I know I shouldn't
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    It sounds like your frustrated! I'm sure we've all been there at some point ! I know I have !!!!
    What helped me was starting small. Instead of trying to change everything in one day, make small changes and see if that helps.
    For example- try weighing all your foods for one day. Challenge yourself to weigh each portion and log them here.
    The next week you could try going for a five min walk.
    In time, all these little changes add up !
    I've found that once something becomes part of your daily routine then it becomes easier to stick to .
    Best of luck !

• Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The problem with me is that I no longer have that drive to push myself or to work out. What makes this worse is that I'm expecting to be a father for the first time this May and I don't want my son to grow up looking at me as a fat guy who is not active...

Make this your drive. Make it.

You have a beautiful baby boy on the way. You are going to want to be able to play with this little guy! You are going to want to teach him, you are going to want him to look up to you. Most importantly, what example do you want to show your kid to be when he grows up?

Don't worry about the gym right now. Take baby steps. You can do it. Join us on MFP. Stay with us here. Let us help you, help each other. Weigh your food. Scale your food. Portion your food. Hit the gym when you're ready, but force yourself to walk. Wanna know what happens? You get lazy...and then you realize, you're still itching to go for that walk. Get out there and do it for your boy! Become his Superman!
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can start from simple exercise like a morning or evening walks, try to avoid junk and eat healthy food like
    Vegetables, fruits, whole grains, yogurt, fish, etc.