Weight Gain/Workouts

So I am currently 5'4" and 105 lbs female and I have such a hard time putting on weight its crazy. I've really been stressed/ going through a lot lately so I'm just trying to get into exercising and working on my body. So a big problem for me is when I become stressed, worried, or sad I don't eat which makes it even harder. I am trying to get to about 115-120 but the problem is I never seem to be super hungry. Does any one have any recommendations on what to eat/how much to eat? Also, does anyone maybe have some sort of meal plan that they used in the past that helped them put on weight? Maybe even any tips on how to make myself hungry?
I am in college and I don't have ant money to buy protein powders and shakes so I am just looking to put on weight with common foods.
I have also been interested in finding some good workout plans for bigger legs/butt?
Any tips on all of this would be really appreciated.

Replies

• 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    You 're not the first to ask this. A lot of threads very similar. Maybe skim through them for more details? Try smaller meals and eat every 2 to 3 hours. Don't think of it as a meal. Think of it as fuel for your goals. Pick the best items that you like, that are dense in calories and within your budget. Once you start a regular exercise routine you will began to get a better appetite.
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Yes, you can get protein from your food. Add protein rich food in your diet such as Potatoes, meat, fish, beans, yogurt, eggs, nuts, etc.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Calorie dense foods may work for you - avocado, peanut butter or any nut butters, nuts, etc.
  • jay_mck
    jay_mck Posts: 112 Member
    maasha81 wrote: »
    Calorie dense foods may work for you - avocado, peanut butter or any nut butters, nuts, etc.

Peanut butter 100%, 2 tablespoons is almost 200 cals and you can put it on crackers, apples, yogurt, or more peanut butter
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Like others have said-calorie dense foods. If your appetite is not huge, you don't need a large quantity to get in your calories.

As far as training goes, Bret Contreras is the glute man. If you're looking for booty gains, try Strong Curves. I do some of the lifts from this program as accessory work to another program, and I've gained about 2 inches to my hips.

What you really need is heavy lifting with a progressive overload. There is a thread here in the Gaining section with a lot of great routines to choose from.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    AYE ^^^^^^^^^^^
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2016
    arditarose wrote: »
    Like others have said-calorie dense foods. If your appetite is not huge, you don't need a large quantity to get in your calories.

As far as training goes, Bret Contreras is the glute man. If you're looking for booty gains, try Strong Curves. I do some of the lifts from this program as accessory work to another program, and I've gained about 2 inches to my hips.

What you really need is heavy lifting with a progressive overload. There is a thread here in the Gaining section with a lot of great routines to choose from.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

Here is the thread with all of the routines and a list of calorie dense foods to help with gaining weight.