Anyone following Low FODMAPs?

Options
I have recently begun the switch to a low FODMAP lifestyle, due to IBS and a Chron's potential. I am looking for anyone out there who may have some insight into this lifestyle, and maybe someone willing to help a Noon out? Message me if so! I'm a fun person, I love doing anything that serves to help others- I volunteer every chance I get and run two charities myself. I'm outgoing and I'm just looking for anyone willing to partner and help with some guidance...
Catherine

Replies

• Maree23032014
    Maree23032014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have clinically diagnosed IBS. I've been on the low FODMAP diet for at least 5 years. It's very simple, whether you're diarrhoea or constipation predominant, this diet works for both sufferers. I recommend you buy a book from Dr Sue Shepherd. She was the founder of this diet. I am virtually symptom free when I stick to it. It's just learning to say no. And less dining out. Ask me any question & I hope I'll be able to help you out :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's and IBS and eat low fodmops plus have other restrictions.
  • nsnc_87
    nsnc_87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Cathe! I started the low FODMAP diet a month ago and it has completely changed my life.
    I was in constant pain and distress for over 6 months until the last Dr I visited recommended this diet.
    I feel incredible, no bloating, no pain, no nausea.
    What really helped me was to print a list of the YES/NO foods and tape it in the kitchen, and preparing food on the weekend in order to have it handy for work lunches.
    Let me know if I can help! :)
  • CatheMcG831
    CatheMcG831 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your responses! I have had pain and symptoms for a long time, but I didn't really approach a Dr. About it until after I moved here. She told me about FODMAPs and suggested I try it. Honestly, I threw the paper on my desk and forgot about it. But then I just got tired of feeling so crummy all of the time, so I dug out the paper and decided to give it a try. I feel significantly better already, and I'm only just beginning to cut things out and swap out items. I have also recently invested in Heather's Tummy Tamers for IBS, and those seem to help a lot in case I want to out with friends or something where I can't guarantee everything in my food.
    I would just love to have some people to talk to who know what I'm going through! My gym partners are great for excercise accountability, but they can eat what they want for the most part.

Catherine
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have a malabsorption disorder. I am low fodmap and also malabsorb grains and starches. The Monash University Low Fodmap Diet App is very helpful.