I'm I wasting my time on this

Options

Replies

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    160+ days in and 34 pounds down..I wasn't quite serious the first month either... Although I knew it worked as I'd used it before having my baby and lost over 25 pounds... Five more pounds till goal this time. Basically, everyone has to commit and do the work that it takes to make their weight loss/fitness journey successful. This app is definitely an effective tool for many to accomplish their goals,hopefully it is for you too!
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    min_oh wrote: »
    I'm wondering if this app with be another waste of time. And do many use it daily/religiously?

This app, along with my Garmin Vivofit, have been a life saver! I have used it as a learning tool and as a planning tool in addition to just tracking. I am almost at 80 lbs down in 9 months! It is time consuming, but with results like that, it is so worth it!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The app saved my life in so many ways. I started May 2014. After a little more than a year, I took a break and stayed the same for 6 months. Now I am back to losing.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    yep, every single day. You couldn't pay me to stop using MFP. Today marks day 300 of my streak. I've lost 70lb and got to my goal weight. I weigh less than I did when I was fourteen. If you commit, it's not a waste of time.
  • KMiYong
    KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This app is def not a waste - I have been on here on and off, and I'm back again because I got dead serious about my health and weight loss. Having somewhere to properly log your food and exercise, and get support from is amazing. It's also very helpful that this app has a bar code scanner for when I hurry somewhere but still need to log (which happens about 99% of the time ^^"), and that it synchs with other apps which makes your life so much easier.

It will become a waste of time, though, if you treat this app as such, and don't log. You have to be here daily, log everything, and care about what you eat. You have to use this tool to learn about your habits and about ways to improve yourself.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you fix your attitude and focus on your commitment any method will work

It's not about trying but doing
  • Randy70Wats
    Randy70Wats Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The first time I downloaded this app I used it faithfully -- down to a stick of gum. I lost over 20 pounds in about 6 months. It's a great tool if you use it every day. Good Luck!!!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It's a good one. I see you found the community. I love MFP community! I'm tracking very religiously and steadily losing these unwanted pounds!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for just one week, and already down 2.5 lbs.
    Of course remember, you need to exercise. I try to go to the gym (Planet Fitness) at least 3 times a week. Good luck, and stick with it and you will be surprised.

No, you don't have to exercise. Weight loss is diet driven. Exercise will help maintain lean muscle mass and make you healthier overall but it isn't required for weight loss.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Women of average height can do just fine on 1200 calories a day.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    App is great. Log ever day, stick to your calorie target and it will work
    Read the success stories roe inspiration
    Good luck
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I do lose weight when I am on here religiously. As far as a waste of time, it depends on your take. If you have to eat less than 1200 calories to lose weight, it usually means there is an underlying medical issue. I personally have a body that fights against losing weight so I generally have to eat between 1,000 to 1300 to lose weight at all. I am on 20 pills a day to work on my genetic problems. It has been a long hard road but I am trying to reach the end of the tunnel threw eating according to my calories and exercising daily now that I am on the correct dosage for my medical issues.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    This app is good for holding yourself accountable to YOU. It makes you think twice about that next piece of food that you are looking at. Day 209, down 45lbs total. I am one who tries to stick to 1200 cal intake. It should be noted that about once a week, I completely go off reservation and go WAY over 1200 cal.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you fix your attitude and focus on your commitment any method will work

It's not about trying but doing

+ 1 for the Yoda paraphrase. :wink:
  • gillbrown55
    gillbrown55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes it takes time. But it does not WASTE time. Biggest waste of time is feeling down about your weight and health. Healthy people live longer, so use this and win some time back!
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use it every day and love it. I've lost 74 lbs. I once went a week without using the app when my phone broken and are terribly. MFP keeps me on track!
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's only a tool

It's your will and motivation which in the end is important. Eat less calories and burn more calories and you will start losing weight and you have calories counter in mfp to help you log your calories on daily basis and you have community section here on mfp which gives you a lot of motivation and encouragement. The key is to be consistent.
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've found it to be hugely successful. I was 186 pounds when I started dieting. The first 13 came off no problem. But then I started to struggle at 173. I would dip down a bit and then bounce back up. Since using this app, I've gone on to lose another 15 pounds. It just makes you accountable and can show you just how many calories you consume (believe me, I was shocked when I first started tracking). I think that the app is only going to be as useful as you make it.
  • CatheMcG831
    CatheMcG831 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually use this app to plan my meal for the whole weak (breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner) c: It helps me make sure I know what I'm eating and prevents me from diverging from my dietary plan!

I hadn't thought of using it that way.... That's pretty clever! I already meal plan anyway, why not take it up a notch? Lol
  • vasdfp24
    vasdfp24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Verdenal wrote: »
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »

Hint though - eat more than 1200 - that doesn't work for anyone.

That's not accurate. There are some people with medical conditions or who simply aren't very large or active who must eat fewer than 1,200 calories to lose weight.

It is for the member to decide what her calorie max should be. If there are any doubts, a doctor or nutritionist should be consulted.

I was just thinking that and questioning if 1200 calories a day wasn't going to work. My nutritionist just put me on that today. I'm going to try it. Everyone's different.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!