First Day :)

Options
:blushing: So today is my first day on myfitness pal and I am hoping it will help me lose 10lb before my holiday in August! I find it really hard to stick to diets so I'm hoping that this one will work for me.
Oh by the way, my name is Jo and I'm a married mother of one who gave up smoking 18 months ago and has been steadily piling on the pounds ever since!!

Replies

• pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo
    welcome to the best support group ever!
    We will help motivate you and encourage you whenever you need it.
    I have found MFP on my phone to be the thing that is helping me keep on track as i can quickly log and add all my food and it has helped me lose 5lb in 2 weeks.
    good luck

Zoe
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jo, good luck
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the giving up smoking...add me if you need a friend!
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the giving up smoking...add me if you need a friend!
  • karen0201
    karen0201 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! The support on here is great, Im sure you will reach your goal!
    I'll add you as a friend :) xx
  • Thingymajig
    Options
    If you can give up smoking you can certainly do this :) take one day at time and don't be too hard on yourself - the long term health benefits far away the odd 'falling off the wagon' and we are all human. Good luck
  • jenny_fur
    jenny_fur Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome! You're gonna love it here!
    FRIENDS FRIENDS FRIENDS!! the more the merrier!!

XOX
  • sunnyjo27
    sunnyjo27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well its taken me a while to find my way round this site! but thanks for your comment. I've also got the app on my phone so i'll be able to keep track of my food. I would be thrilled if I lost 5lb, thats great !
  • Doubleube68
    Options
    Hi Jo,

Today is also my first day and I also quit smoking almost 6 months ago. Already being over weight, I have been terrified of putting on even more weight. I have gained about 7ish pounds since quitting.

Feels great to not be chained to those smokes, though, hah?? Great job!

Wendy