21 Day Fix workouts, only?

Options
I ordered the 21 Day Fix System due to a momentary lapse of judgment, I believe. The problem is, I really don't want to lose weight. I've lost approx. 35 lbs and several clothing sizes and really just wanted to tone up. I ordered the system and literally feel like I'm going to pass out all day long on the meal plan, which has me at 1200-1499 calories per day (I weigh 135). I just don't feel well at all honestly. I would be ok with dropping a couple more pounds but it really isn't of utmost importance. I love the workout DVDS though. I know any exercise is better than none, but wondering if anyone ever did these particular workouts without following the meal plan and had results? I was eating at maintenance level calories prior, but following the "eat whatever I want, but use moderation" line of thinking and still counting calories.

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I've done plenty of Beachbody workouts and never done the meal plan that comes with it. I always follow what MFP or a TDEE calculator tells me my calories should be. Stick with calorie counting and you'll be good.
  • KnittingSoo
    KnittingSoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to lose weight then eat at maintenance. Enjoy the workouts!
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The 21 Day Fix workouts are excellent...
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I've done plenty of Beachbody workouts and never done the meal plan that comes with it. I always follow what MFP or a TDEE calculator tells me my calories should be. Stick with calorie counting and you'll be good.

That was my line of thinking when I ordered. I've never even looked at the nutrition guide that always comes with a dvd collection by beachbody. It's just 21 day fix seems as focused on the nutritin part, if not more,than the fitness component. I feel sorta guilty by not wanting to follow it because I'm sure it's a great nutrition plan, but it's just too restrictive for my taste.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    mom2ava07 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

That was my line of thinking when I ordered. I've never even looked at the nutrition guide that always comes with a dvd collection by beachbody. It's just 21 day fix seems as focused on the nutritin part, if not more,than the fitness component. I feel sorta guilty by not wanting to follow it because I'm sure it's a great nutrition plan, but it's just too restrictive for my taste.

Restrictive means you won't be able to stick to it long term. Don't even put yourself through that nonsense. It's not worth the hunger pangs.
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have done plenty of programs and I've never used the meal plan. If you like the workouts, use them!