Does anyone have a really good work out plan that they wouldn't mind sharing with me for someone who

Options
Is trying to gain weight, I'm only 120 lbs. Please help and thanks

Replies

• scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    strong lifts 5x5
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Yes^^ Strength training for gains (for losses, and maintenance, too <3). Limiting cardio, unless you're prepared to eat every single extra calorie earned on top of your normal calorie goal.
  • llillio
    llillio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ^^^ SL 5x5 is a solid plan.

I'm a big fan of PPL...
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 and Starting Strength. I was 5'10" 150lbs a month ago when I first started SL 5x5. Today I'm 162 and all lifts are up. You're gonna need to be in a caloric surplus to see strength and mass gain results though so make sure you figure out your maintenance numbers and macros before expecting serious change. Good luck!! And have fun!
  • jackbrowne542
    jackbrowne542 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    dvis334 wrote: »
    Stronglifts 5x5 and Starting Strength. I was 5'10" 150lbs a month ago when I first started SL 5x5. Today I'm 162 and all lifts are up. You're gonna need to be in a caloric surplus to see strength and mass gain results though so make sure you figure out your maintenance numbers and macros before expecting serious change. Good luck!! And have fun!

Do you mind maybe sending me a link of this plan?
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Yes^^ Strength training for gains (for losses, and maintenance, too <3). Limiting cardio, unless you're prepared to eat every single extra calorie earned on top of your normal calorie goal.

Problem with that is you have to take some random estimate of calories burnt whilst doing cardio as gospel and risk putting on fat by using an over the top estimation. Which is why I don't eat back exercise calories.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Do you mind maybe sending me a link of this plan?

Here is a good summary with videos posted in the MFP women's Stronglifts group. Has good links to read to.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/560459/stronglifts-5x5-summary/p1

There is also a Stronglifts app that you can get for android or apple phones. You can enter your info to get your starting lifts.