Any other expecting mommies???

Options
I am 16 weeks pregnant and just re-joining myfitnesspal after taking a long break and I wondered if there were any other expecting mommies on here. Are you guys logging your foods? How do we know what calorie goal to have during pregnancy? I always did 1200-1400 when not pregnant and losing weight and obviously my goals right now are not to lose weight but just to reduce the amount of weight gain.

Replies

• alexesb
    alexesb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    8 weeks here!! I am trying to loose weight to be better prepared for that 3rd trimester. Recently started whole30 but food aversions and nausea are kicking my butt!
  • ultimatekatie
    ultimatekatie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I second this! I'm 13.5 weeks today and I'm also struggling with figuring out my calorie intake. Unfortunately, I had very little energy to exercise much during the 1st trimester and I had some crazy munchies and carb cravings (and no morning sickness), which resulted in ~8 lbs gained to date. I know it's not safe to *lose* weight during pregnancy, but I do want to slow down my weight gain for the next couple months so that my total weight gain isn't more than 30 lbs.

Additionally, I plan to resume running 3ish miles several times a week. I was running regularly and averaging 15 miles per week earlier in the fall, but really began to slack off when DST ended and it was dark before I even got home. :( Now that it's finally light enough after work (and all the ice has melted), I'd really like to get back to it.

SO - any recommendations for calorie intake?! The last year I'd been eating 1200-1400 daily (estimated BMR 1350), and I'm just not sure how much (or how little) to increase for the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, especially given that I want to slow my rate of weight gain for awhile.
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    8 weeks today! I have not been on here in quite some time. I had gestational diabetes with my first so I really want to track what I eat and stay healthy. Would love to connect with other expecting moms!
  • hellokristen
    hellokristen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    7 weeks here. I think my calorie estimate for maintaining weight is pretty high, so I set it to lose half a pound a week. So far so good. I am also not eating back my workout calories, though my first trimester so working out is a loose term. I took a walk today when I wanted to sleep all day instead, not awesome but better than nothing.
  • megmarissa
    megmarissa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    25 weeks here with baby #3. No idea what to put... not gain? Not lose?
  • equine4
    equine4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    18 weeks here! :)