Which is the best fit bit???

Options
I want to buy myself a fit bit., there r so many to choose from, I'm not sure which to buy..
Any suggestions???

Replies

• ShrinkingScientist
    Options
    I have the Charge, I like it, but I'm going to get the Blaze when it comes out in March, as it has more smartwatch features that I want. It all comes down to what measurements you want from your fitbit. Do you want HR?
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit HR. If you are a Costco member you can get a good deal. I use my to monitor steps and sleep.
  • bizzybeathatsme
    bizzybeathatsme Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what HR is. I'm so totally new to this. I have never kept track of my steps or work out b4.. But, I'm very excited to learn.
  • bizzybeathatsme
    Options
    Yes, I am a Costco member., and it just so happens I have to go there this afternoon for cat food, lol., thanks so much Jbell0213
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of the early FitBit's but they were never accurate -- I'm thinking of buying the Garmin Vivoactive instead.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip and I love it. It isn't fancy and it does what I need it to do..which is steps taken, calories burned, distance travelled and it even tells me the time.
    The term HR that you have seen relates to 'Heart Rate' as some of the models have a heart rate monitor built in.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    Yes, I am a Costco member., and it just so happens I have to go there this afternoon for cat food, lol., thanks so much Jbell0213

Oh your welcome. They had them on sale when I went there yesterday.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are looking for. do you want a watch on it? do you want it tell you how many steps or do you not care until you check it later?

Everyones needs are sooo different. Hard to ask which one is best.

The best one is always the one that has all the neat innovations.. if it is best FOR YOU is a different story.

I say go in and check them all out. put them on and see what you need. make a list of what you want out of it.

You may want the big fancy one, get there, and you hate how it feels on you lol

I have a simple charged without the heart rate .. Love it.. perfect for me.
  • Jbell0213
    Options
    I'm not sure what HR is. I'm so totally new to this. I have never kept track of my steps or work out b4.. But, I'm very excited to learn.

It's suppose to monitor your heart rate. I have the regular Fibit flex, But I really love this one.
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I really want a Charge HR but maybe I'll wait for the Blaze to come out first since I'm hoping the price will go down!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Check MFP group for Fibit users
    You can find them at the "group" option, dark blue banner above
    here is the link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
    Read the FAQ. There are separate boards for each Fitbit tracker
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • bizzybeathatsme
    Options
    @majigurl ., I'm not sure exactly what I want to get out of a fit bit.. I want to track myself better, to figure out what I've been doing wrong all these years., maybe I'm not moving enuf... Sleeping enuf.. Definitely not eating enuf., I would love to know what my heart rate is while in doing my Zumba class. And other exercises., etc..
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    If you want to know your heart rate then you'll need the charge HR, the surge or their new one coming out. The others don't track heart rate. I have the charge (no HR) and it keeps track of sleep, steps, stairs, and has caller ID.