• rah013
    rah013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @ashleyminc

Yes! It was mentioned previously and I had cut those out too
  • sm997
    sm997 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you but I'm eager to continue reading possible answers. Same thing happened to me. I did "whole 30" for 2 weeks, measured portions, tracked calories and still gained 4 lbs. I am trying to lose 10 for my wedding ... And it set me back! I decided I maybe need more fiber and perhaps that was what was happening. I don't know :( it's been a week and I've yet to be able to shed any of it despite intense workouts
  • rah013
    Options
    @Christine_72

Thank you for that, I'll will be staying away from them. I have been told this many times on this forum

And thanks for the advice
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    sm997 wrote: »
    I don't have an answer for you but I'm eager to continue reading possible answers. Same thing happened to me. I did "whole 30" for 2 weeks, measured portions, tracked calories and still gained 4 lbs. I am trying to lose 10 for my wedding ... And it set me back! I decided I maybe need more fiber and perhaps that was what was happening. I don't know :( it's been a week and I've yet to be able to shed any of it despite intense workouts

Did you follow the actual Whole 30 plan?
    Whole 30 shouldn't be all protein, low carb. You also aren't supposed to track calories or measure portions. Fiber shouldn't have been an issue since vegatables should have been a huge part of the food intake.
  • sm997
    sm997 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Whole 30 shouldn't be all protein, low carb. You also aren't supposed to track calories or measure portions. Fiber shouldn't have been an issue since vegatables should have been a huge part of the food intake.

Yes I followed it exactly. I know you're not supposed to weigh, but I felt like I was blowing up and sure enough I was. It's pretty low carb other than fruit... And I stuck to berries and apples and bananas for that. I ate lots of veggies, kale spinach beets and didn't even eat a potato. I ate healthy fats, no legumes or peanuts just almonds and coconut oil and olive oil ... I think my body just didn't like it. I didn't track calories to cut myself off at a certain point, but I did monitor them out of habit and curiosity. It's just perplexing to me

• rah013
    Options

Yes I followed it exactly. I know you're not supposed to weigh, but I felt like I was blowing up and sure enough I was. It's pretty low carb other than fruit... And I stuck to berries and apples and bananas for that. I ate lots of veggies, kale spinach beets and didn't even eat a potato. I ate healthy fats, no legumes or peanuts just almonds and coconut oil and olive oil ... I think my body just didn't like it. I didn't track calories to cut myself off at a certain point, but I did monitor them out of habit and curiosity. It's just perplexing to me

Sorry,

I like the sound of this... Where do I get info on this?