UGH!!!

Options
This is more of a shameful vent than anything...

I had friends in from out of town this weekend. We all went to dinner (someplace they couldn't get at home). The skinny girl inside me wanted to order a salad with the dressing on the side, and the fat girl on the outside was willing to comply....until we got inside.

I shut the skinny girl up with a hamburger....and when she started complaining again I threw a slice of carrot cake at her :noway:

It tasted phenomenal, but the pound it added doesn't taste as great. :embarassed:

Anyone feel like kicking my butt along this journey? Feel free to add me as a friend :drinker:

Replies

• hostile17
    hostile17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you deny yourself stuff all the time, you'll just want it more.

Eat it. Enjoy it. Get back on the wagon next day.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i guarantee that pound is water weight, so you shouldn't worry :)

unless that meal was over 3500 calories, you'll probably lose that pound by tomorrow. Just drink a lot of water today.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Just be extra good this week and you will make up for it! Stay strong!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If I told you that I went to a party on Saturday and gained TWO pounds by today would it make you feel any better? Get back on that horse so to speak and don't be too hard on yourself, sometimes the fat girl inside us says "FEED ME!" lol!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I did the same last weekend when I went out of town for a "girl's weekend." I didn't want to sit there eating a salad while everybody else stuffed their faces with burgers and fries. We also went out for drinks on Saturday night as well. :drinker: I gained back a pound too but I enjoyed myself and got back on track on Monday. I don't think it's realistic to say you'll never do that again so try not to feel guilty. Tomorrow is always a new day! :wink:
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Im sure you didnt gain a pound from that,water retention from salt and change of eating is more them likely the culprit.today is a new day and a new start!:bigsmile:
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,

its not easy, I have 3 girls and Fathers Day yesterday was a diet nightmare, they wanted to "spoil" me with a bar of chocolate which was the size of my bedroom window...

You`re in a brand new week, look forward not back.

You can do this.

I`ll send you a req.

Michael.
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That happens to everyone! Just get right back on board the next day and all will be fine!!!
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, if you deny yourself all the time you'll end up binging and feeling guilty then binging some more...it's a vicious circle. I'm not advocating eating hamburgers and carrot cake everytime you go out but if it happens once in a while then don't beat yourself up about it. You're only human and we've all been there...Believe me!!!

Maybe next time if you feel like the burger - have it without the bun and the cheese. Just load it with salad instead. If you fancy fries then rather than get one portion for yourself get one between yourself and your friend. Making tiny adjustment like that means you can still have a little of what you like while cutting out on some of the needless calories.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    I let a peanutputter bacon burger w/ a side of sweet potatoe fries jump down my throat Saturday....and then fried eggplant, peach gelato AND tiramisu. It was all good, and not something I do everyday. I got back on track yesterday and I know by the end of the week everything will be fine. I love food. Period. I would have regretted NOT having the things I really wanted more than I would have enjoyed feeling disciplined by skipping them :)
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    LOL....I know you probably feel more upset with yourself over this, but it is OK to slap that skinny girl around a bit. Know get back in gear and work it off. This is not a big problem to fix. Once in awhile you should and CAN have the "bad" stuff, that way you don't crave it for not having it and go on a binge that is uncontrolable. You can get into a whole other issue for depriving yourself of it. Pick yourself up and stop punishing yourself for this little slip.

You have done great so far....REMEMBER THAT....keep it up! :happy:
  • stephiehampshire
    Options
    I know it isnt for everyone, but that is why I only ever follow my plan 6 days a week, so on a Saturday I can get drunk with my friends on a girls night out, I can have that cheese burger and chips and I can have that cake, without having to exercise to counter act it,

one blow out wont ruin your entire plan as long as you have the will power to keep it as a 1 off and not creep into an every day it wont do any harm "if i only have one"

just be glad you enjoyed yourself and look to the week ahead x
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    it's over and done!! time to start a new day. if you never allow yourself anything like that, then you set yourself up for failure. it's ok to have an occasional "cheat day". when i do, i look at it as zig zagging. every day is a chance to start over. don't beat yourself up about it. guilt won't your reach your goal!! :wink:

ps: feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    Surely we're not always expected to eat perfectly, forever? If so, I'm outta here! LOL I had Five Guys yesterday and loved every bite.

Uh, a burger from Five Guys, I didn't actually eat five guys.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Uh, a burger from Five Guys, I didn't actually eat five guys.

ROFLOL!!! I LOVE FIVE GUYS!!! ....the food. :wink:
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    ROFLOL!!! I LOVE FIVE GUYS!!! ....the food. :wink:

Uh oh... this could get silly.

I was SO hungry and could only eat half my burger, so I didn't do so bad, actually!