Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30

Options
Has any one else done this dvd? I started it 2 days ago and I am so sore! I was using Zumba but my i didnt feel like I was getting anywhere. Just looking for some thoughts on this dvd.

Replies

• erianswilliams
    erianswilliams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD but have yet to start it. I may start it tomorrow though.
  • alexandral314
    alexandral314 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How's your progress with RI30 so far? I've started on my fitness journey again with Jillian and for a beginner it's challenging! Spent 10 days on week one to try and get all the moves down, because each week builds on the last.. Doing week 2 now, which is killing my shoulders and testing my cardio endurance- planks like crazy (week 3 hammers your quads) I think it's excellent for building overall strength and toning. Some would call it an intermediate level of fitness.. You'll definitely see results! Good luck :)
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I loveee that DVD. In all honesty I haven't gotten passed week 2. But I used my HRM with it and it was a great workout in only 35 minutes. I could tell a difference in my endurance in just the first week.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred and it kicked my *kitten*. Due to life it took me about 40 days to complete. I lost 10lbs and many inches though. I'm about to start it up again as most of my workouts have been cardio only and need to get back into resistance and weight training.

I do like her formats for her videos so would definitely try others as well. T25 is a fun one as well, completed alpha and beta but felt 30 day shred was more effective.
  • Carolyn8505
    Carolyn8505 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred does seem to be a lot easier than ripped in 30. I have seen weight loss and building my strength up everytime I stick with it. But with a husband, son, dog, work and sand drags life seems to keep getting in the way. But I have seen results and I keep telling myself I need to stick with it its getting warmer out! I am happy to say I have dropped 2 pants sizes!! That has been great motivation! <3
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have done this and really enjoyed it. I prefer it to 30 day shred! . I have just started her Killer body dvd which is OK but not much cardio in it. If you are sore make sure you stretch and have a nice warm bath. If you are still in discomfort, take an ibrophen tablet. Keep going as it does get easier xx
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Rippedin30 is great, esp. Levels 3 and 4. Her new BodyShred DVDs are similar, albeit tougher. 4 circuits seems about right, particularly if you are mixing her workouts in with other types of exercise.

For pure cardio, Shaun T's T25 Focus vids are great. Could you possibly use something like that in conjunction with Killer Body, Joanne? I was also disappointed with that video as I was not purple by the end of it. :)
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I will have a look. Thank you