Would this be a problem at the gym?

Options
Panda_brat
Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
edited February 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I just bought myself a new book with a whole load of various lifts. Would it be OK to brink it the gym with me until I learn what I need, or would that be a tripping hazard, and tick people off? I have slowly been moving from machines to free weights, and am still learning, and do not have the money to pay for a trainer (of which too many believe in bro science) and do not want to use up to much of my phones memory with videos and such.

Thanks for your opinions.

Replies

• mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey bro, It's your gym too! Just don't hog the equipment while you read....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Totally take it with you.
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I see people at my gym walking around with notebooks all the time. It is really not a problem, as long as you don't sit on a machine and just read.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Sure rake it with you, just set it down out of the way.

Best of luck
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my gym who sets up his lap top on a stool and does his P90x or whatever. A book is fine.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    No
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    No

Why might that be? It I felt like reading In the gym Id totally bring my encyclopedia on modern bodybuilding
  • Panda_brat
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's help. Due to change in scheduled, the book will help me stay motivated, and keep me going to the gym. Plus I needed to learn new techniques.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    No

Why might that be? It I felt like reading In the gym Id totally bring my encyclopedia on modern bodybuilding

I think he was answering the question in the OP's title...would this be a problem? Answer - No.

correct
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    No

I think he was answering the question in the OP's title...would this be a problem? Answer - No.

correct
    Ah my bad man.

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing exactly that this week - my trainer is out of town and wants me to try some new stuff. Working out with book is ok - better than the person last week lying on equipment doing nothing but talking on their cell.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    You might wanna bring your book in a gym bag or something so you don't have to set it directly on the sweaty germy equipment or on the floor. Bring a pen too, so you can make notes in the book.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Can you screen shot a few pages at a time?
  • Panda_brat
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    Can you screen shot a few pages at a time?

Tried this, but some of the print is too small to read on my phone after taking a picture of it. Thanks anyways for the idea.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Any time I'm doing a new exercise, I'll I bring my book/worksheets & just plonk rhen down beside me alongside my waterbottle & workout log book so I can reference it starting out & as needed between sets to ensure I have correct technique.