Hello I am Sylvia 51 years of age. My goal weight is 125-130 lbs

Options
Hello I am Sylvia. I am 51 years of age. My goal weight is 125-130 lbs. I intend to hit my goal within 4-6 months. I need to lose 35 lbs.... All support is accepted. I understand that diet and exercise is the key to healthily weight loss.

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Same age. Same goal. These last 10 are gonna be hard!!! Have you started?
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Sylvia. I am 51 years of age. My goal weight is 125-130 lbs. I intend to hit my goal within 4-6 months. I need to lose 35 lbs.... All support is accepted. I understand that diet and exercise is the key to healthily weight loss.

You will lose the weight by eating fewer calories than you burn. The exercise will just be an added health benefit. Best of luck in reaching your goals. Maintain a daily calorie deficit and target the 1-2 pound weekly loss to reach your goal.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend an 8-9 month time frame for that much weight loss, but 6 months isn't impossible. Slow and steady wins the race. Good luck!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Sylvia, I'm 48 & dropped about 45 lbs. 5 years ago or so. It took me about 6 months to drop the bulk of the weight, around 35 lbs. if I have any regrets it is in not having the knowledge at that time to use resistance training from Day 1. My one piece of advice if you're new to working out is to Spend some money on a personal trainer if possible if you're new to resistance training to learn proper technique & get some workout ideas. The other advice watch diet & add in resistance training right from Day 1 with some cardio.

I lost the weight at a rate of about 1-2 lbs./week, some weeks yes I gained or lost nothing & other weeks dropped 3-4 lbs. it's not a straight line. I changed my diet, dropped my calories moderately & did a lot of walking & then light jogging on the treadmill for extra calorie burn for about 1 hour every night.

The problem is that although yes I lost the weight & looked much better in my clothes I have retained "hanging skin" on my belly which I doubt will never go away unless I get surgery, I'm not even considering this.

Anyways just sharing my own experience for your information. Best wishes to you!