Howdy!

Options
I've spent my entire life trying to battle my weight and have always lost (the battle - not the weight). I can't count the number of times I've declared "This is it! I've had enough! I'm going to lose the weight this time!" - only to fail. I'm trying to shift my focus from losing weight to being active and enjoying life. There are so many things that I would love to do, but shy away from b/c of my weight and poor self-image.

I have a good life. We moved to Calgary, Alberta a couple of years ago and I'm finally starting to settle in. I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic boys. I've always been the overweight child and was teased. When I was a senior in high school I had lost weight and was at 135. By the time I met my husband (4 years later) I had gained 50 lbs. With my first child (1999) I gained 40 lbs. and couldn't shake the baby weight. The highest my weight has ever been was in 2001 where I topped the scale at 251.

Because of a wreck (I couldn't exercise) and being on blood thinners (couldn't eat certain foods), my doctor prescribed a weight loss aid. I lost 50 lbs and got pregnant again (2008). Once again I gained about 40 lbs. I've been sitting between 230-240 ever since.

That's me in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to meeting new people who are in the same boat. I would love to find someone close by that could be my "buddy" as I travel this road (we could workout together sometimes).

Even if you don't live next door, give me a holler - it will be nice to meet you. I need all the help and support I can get! ;o)

www.djbyars.wordpress.com

Replies

• SandiDc
    SandiDc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey , Nice to meet you!!! I am right there with you with the weight issues... I have decided to take charge as well. I don't live close but if you want we can meet daily on here... Good Luck and stick with it.!!!
  • jenny_fur
    jenny_fur Posts: 73
    Options
    Good Luck!! This is a great first step~
    Im not next door... but would love to support you!
    XOX
    Jen :flowerforyou:
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I am also right there with you. Life is different for everyone but we all want the same end result. OUR HEALTH! Yes to also look great but at the end we all want to feel good inside and out. Lets be friends and help each other. :)

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • DEE_68
    DEE_68 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome,
    I am new also, and in the same boat as you exactly.I may not live next door but we can certainly try and help each other
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I would love to get to know each of you. I need all the help I can get!!