Toning up for Summer

Options
Hello All,

I am currently trying to loose a few pounds for my holiday and would like any advice from anyone who have some good tips on toning up the lower abdominal muscles? I am currently doing sit ups and raising my legs slowly to the ground and back up, but I wouldnt mind a few more tips on how to tone these muscles??

Thank you!

Replies

• MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Bicycle crunches are awesome, do them with regular crunches, also sits up, they also work your back! good luck
  • shasim
    shasim Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Another good exercise for the stomach is "The plank" - can be done either on the floor or with one of those huge gym balls.

Lie on the floor face down. Take the weight on your lower arms at the elbow and raise your body off the floor. The only parts that should still be touching the ground is your toes and your lower arms (i.e. from elbows to wrists). Hold this position for as long as possible.

You can also use the same exercise but on your side using one arm and then lift your body - this would work your obliques (waist).
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You need a clean meal plan, along with exercises. You need some cardio in there as well, to shred the layers of fat that is hidin' the abs.

youtube has some good abs exercises to look up.

best wishes - have fun on Holiday :wink:
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites it reverse body ball crunches. you can probably find a how to on You tube....if you have a body ball, get in basically push up position, feet over ball, curl legs toward your chest, then push back out. HARD but effective!!! :)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Eat very healthy and PLANKS are a killer but the best!!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Hiya

Another good exercise for the stomach is "The plank" - can be done either on the floor or with one of those huge gym balls.

Lie on the floor face down. Take the weight on your lower arms at the elbow and raise your body off the floor. The only parts that should still be touching the ground is your toes and your lower arms (i.e. from elbows to wrists). Hold this position for as long as possible.

You can also use the same exercise but on your side using one arm and then lift your body - this would work your obliques (waist).

This is the best bu far!!
  • emma_louise1055
    emma_louise1055 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys thanks a lot for your helpful advice, I will try these different techniques.. I have seen the plank before and I think I will give this a go starting today. I do feel my stomach is toned but also a layer of fat covering my hard work and I am continuing with my cardio to help shred this. My diet could not be healthier in my opinion, im doing well.. I just need to increase my intake of vitamin C and Iron. Anyone know what type of foods other then Oranges have plenty of Vit C / Iron?
    Thanks ;-)