Do you believe in ghosts?

Options
RUN_LIFT_EAT
RUN_LIFT_EAT Posts: 537 Member
If so, have you ever seen one? Legitimately?

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Yeah, legit.
    In the house I grew up in, I saw a male ghost with a pony tail sitting next to my mom in bed in the middle of the night. He seemed chill so I didn't freak out, just went back to bed.
  • Melzine
    Melzine Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I lived in a rent house that was old. I feel to sleep in the den after I had through a party for my daughters and woke up like someone or something was sucking the air out of me. And my dog refuse to go in the bathroom that separated the two bedrooms. This was a round house we call them when you can go in one room and come out another just doors separates them
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    yep.if you have seen half the things I have you would believe too.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    No, bummer. I so want to meet a ghost or alien
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Have not seen ghost or any physical contact. Hear them though. Now, I play a white noise ap when I sleep, so it mostly covers up any voices.
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but I believe that I'm terrified of the idea of them.
  • zakia113
    zakia113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Scary!! I do believe in some sort of spiritual world. I havnt seen a ghost that im aware of but have heard footsteps when im home alone loads of times...creeps me out
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    Nope

I only believe in things I can see or feel. Hearing can play tricks on you but not sight or feel
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    Saw one with my best friend when she was at my house(6th grade). Woman with dark hair in a floor length white night gown on a stair landing.

Two years later I was asking/telling my older sister about it. Before I even finished describing it she finished the description and said she saw her at her 6th grade birthday party (4 years before me) on the other stair landing.

I definitely don't question it after that.
  • raidenzyadeaglan
    Options
    When I was going through my divorce, my 3year old son and I rented this horrible stinky apartment in an unfortunate area (it was at that time all I could afford).
    There were several nights I would wake up hearing my son talking to someone but when I went in to investigation he was alone and would just say the nice Grandpa man.
    One night I woke up feeling as though something or someone had shaken me. I watched as a black shade floated from the end of my bed into my son's room where I heard my son say, "how come mom doesn't see you?"
    I then watched the black shade float from my son's room into the bathroom. I was paralyzed with shock because just before it entered the bathroom it stopped and turned to look at me.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm certain upon leaving the bathroom once when I was a child I saw someone walk pretty much in front of me into the kitchen. Assumed it was my mother, who it turns out wasn't actually home at the time. I definitely saw someone, but the question is was it just my mind showing me this 'person' or was there actually someone(thing) there? So for now, I'm open minded but not certain on the issue. I like to believe that buildings keep an imprint of sounds and energy throughout the years that can be 'played back' randomly and that is the reason for many suspected hauntings. I don't think when someone dies their energy just completely dissipates. But I don't think their consciousness continues to be.

I enjoy watching those paranormal activity first hand account type programmes. But never take them seriously as I suspect with the sheer number of times they insist the power of prayer was needed and the church gets called in it is religious propaganda. Especially as they always finish off with the ghost/demon/whatever making an appearance at the end as if to remind you to keep praying, keep going to church, etc as the demon is just waiting for you to slip up.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as ghosts or zombies or werewolves or heaven or hell or a god that looks down on us and forgives our sins because we go to church. You have one shot at getting it right and you're living it.
  • PTSDUK
    PTSDUK Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I believe that there is more to life than this
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    There is no such thing as ghosts or zombies or werewolves or heaven or hell or a god that looks down on us and forgives our sins because we go to church. You have one shot at getting it right and you're living it.

I don't believe in god/the devil/heaven/hell, etc. either, but I did see what I saw. Doesn't mean god exists.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

I don't believe in god/the devil/heaven/hell, etc. either, but I did see what I saw. Doesn't mean god exists.

Exactly.
  • wendylynne917
    wendylynne917 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never seen one, heard one, felt one, or sensed one. Haven't found any way to legitimately show they exist either. Anecdotes aren't reliable, even if they are coming from people I trust or am close to.
    We WANT to believe there's more to life than us, and there is...................but it's somewhere else in our universe and not in ghost stories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Yes. We went through a several months period a few years back where we had some very strange things happening in our house. On several occasions, my son and I (separately) saw the ghost of a young boy. Fortunately, nothing like that has happened in the recent past. Say what you will, but we saw some things and they can't be explained.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I used to believe. When I was an early teen , my sisters and I had one of those quija boards. It scared us so we walked it to the dumpster and threw it away in top of an old washing machine.
    The next day it was on our porch. We screamed and ran Inside. We then bagged it up and threw it back in the dumpster.
    For years we where scared and wondered how it hovered out of the trash back to our house. It was enough of a scare for us to stop playing those ghost games .
    When I was about 20 I asked my mom If she remembered that ghost game that came back from the dumpster.
    She said " yeah you guys learned your lesson about playing scary games that night ! I got it out and put it on the porch because you guys threw away a 20$ toy for no reason "
  • Jackiegmz
    Jackiegmz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm from Mexico and my family and I went through a lot of ghost stuff we lived in 3 different houses and of continued ,we got to the fourth one and still scary stuff continued happening but my family just gave up on moving out. We been told that sometimes they follow you. .. luckily I moved to Maryland and it didn't follow me but my mom tells me what happens now and then over there at their house