What you will weigh in 5 weeks

Options
Does anyone believe what it says you will weigh in 5 weeks? Mine has never been right. Has anyone elses? Do I not pay attention to that?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    For it to be right, you'd have to eat exactly the same thing and move exactly the same amount every day for that 5 weeks. So I just see it is a gimmick.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    It was close in when I started to lose, now, not at all, probably because I am at the low end of the normal BMI range.
  • Betsyk68
    Betsyk68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, yes, and I'd even beat it sometimes. Now, no.
  • pinkcylop
    pinkcylop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im horrible at this and basically only lost a lb so that projection is always wrong for me
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    For me I've found it to be fairly accurate, not exact but as long as I stay within a good calorie range then yes. But not al days are created equal
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's meant to be literal. I mean, when you have a good day the projection is also positive and can be motivating to have more good days. On a less than great day, I take the projection as a warning of sorts because it shows that if I don't do better I won't see the numbers that I want in 5 weeks.
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have found it to be close
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was quite precise... now after having lost a lot I think the function is *broken*. It says.. eat this much and you will lose 1 kilo per week... in a month 2 kilos...???? So I never complete my diary. I still lose 1 kilo per week, when I stay in my allowance. Only the longterm prediction is incorrect. ;-)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When I was losing weight, I was losing much faster than what that 5 week prediction said. :)

Anyway, it is just based on your current weight and how much of a deficit you've got on that specific day.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've seen several people mention this "predicted weight" where do you see that at?
  • Jackiegmz
    Jackiegmz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am new here so where can I find that? if some one could guide me I will appreciate it!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I've seen several people mention this "predicted weight" where do you see that at?
    Jackiegmz wrote: »
    I am new here so where can I find that? if some one could guide me I will appreciate it!

​Please see this article, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/314052-how-does-the-%22complete-this-entry%22-or-%22finish-logging-for-today%22-feature-work-
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You see the predition when you complete your daily logging of food. It ask you to cómplete and then the prediction appears
  • munekahenderson
    munekahenderson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this post. I just posted about this. It seems that at first it worked great but now that I've lost quite a few pounds not so. I even played around with the food and exercise one day to see how it would change and it did not change at all. Even my total weight lost is way off and wrong. I hate it because it was very motivational.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    For it to be right, you'd have to eat exactly the same thing and move exactly the same amount every day for that 5 weeks. So I just see it is a gimmick.

I've forgotten which thread it was on, but someone (last week?) posted that she actually ate the exact same thing everyday for 5 weeks to get the results from that prediction and it was still off.

I personally don't even bother hitting the button to complete my diary anymore since that prediction isn't accurate for me.
  • munekahenderson
    munekahenderson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »

I've forgotten which thread it was on, but someone (last week?) posted that she actually ate the exact same thing everyday for 5 weeks to get the results from that prediction and it was still off.

I personally don't even bother hitting the button to complete my diary anymore since that prediction isn't accurate for me.

I love it! Maybe I will stop hitting the button and just use the app to stay within my calories per day. Life is stressful enough without having to worry about that five week prediction.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Does anyone believe what it says you will weigh in 5 weeks? Mine has never been right. Has anyone elses? Do I not pay attention to that?

I rarely pay attention to this feature. If I did - I would have been 97 lbs. at some points and I'm not...