Peanut Butter recommendations

Options
Anyone know of a good/healthy peanut butter. I have been into PB/banana on toast after my long runs. I've been eating the Simply Jif, but I am sure there is better stuff on the market. Any recommendations?

Replies

• mom2bambam
    mom2bambam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Actually, Almond butter is a great alternative.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    any of the 'natural' ones or no added sugar/salt so basically it's all peanuts. i'm pretty sure jif sells natural PB...
    getimage.php?folder=product&timage=84ca-jifnat.jpg
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat the Smart Balance peanut butter...it's really good!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    If you live near a Trader Joe's, their natural peanut butter is super yummy...
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    http://www.bellplantation.com/

I also like Jif with Honey, and most of the Peanut Butter & Co. flavors (they have several). I'm sure that the unsweetened are in some way better for you, but they all seem to have the around the same amount of calories (160-190 per 2tbsp), and I personally like my peanut butter sweeter.

The PB2 is good because it's only 45 calories per 2tbsp, but I go for quantity. I have also tried something called Better n' Peanut Butter (Trader Joe's and some grocery stores sell it in the organic section). It's only 100cal per 2tbsp.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's - Better 'n Peanut Butter

my sister bought me some and it's very good.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    any of the 'natural' ones or no added sugar/salt so basically it's all peanuts. i'm pretty sure jif sells natural PB...
    getimage.php?folder=product&timage=84ca-jifnat.jpg

I just bought this one, but I think the Skippy all natural taste better in my opinion.
  • Carek99
    Carek99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Skippy Natural

Ultimately what your looking for is any peanut butter that doesn't have the healthy peanut oil replaced with a less healthy oil. You can tell by looking at the ingrediants list. If it has any kind of oil listed avoid it.
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat Kraft All Natural Peanut Butter and it has "0" sodium.
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Meijer has an organic peanut butter that is lower in sugar, fat and calories than the name brands, if you have Meijer stores where you are. We also just bought a sunflower nut butter to try, but haven't tasted it yet.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Depends where you live and what is available. Just spend a few mins comparing labels and pick one wth lots of peanuts and not much else.
    I'm enjoying Ceres organic PB which is from New Zealand (though I'm in Australia).
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    If you got a WinCo store near you, they have a PB machine. You can grind your own peanut nutter right there in a few seconds' time. It's only got peanut butter in it. Tasty--just keep in mind that there's no added oil, so it can become thick. Doesn't last as long.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just buy the store brand with no salt. I'm not fussy. :laugh:
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Might not be exactly what you looking for but anything by Peanut Butter & Co is awesome!!!!
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    almond butter is a yummy alternative which is higher in monounsaturated fats....also, have you ever tried sunbutter? (sunflower seed butter) It is sooo good and has half of the saturated fats than pb. Just thought I would throw out a few other options :)
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Skippy has a new natural peanut butter with honey.. and it comes in crunchy.. yumm.. I also like PB2 but usually just use that if I want peanut butter flavoring in something without the cals... It isn't close enough to real PB for me... and I didnt personally care for the better n peanut butter.. it also just had a weird taste to it... I stick to the real stuff without all the additives..... anything by PB and Co is amazing though... yummmmmm (just high in sugar :( )
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love Skippy 25% less fat creamy peanut butter. (:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Look at the ingredient list. You want one that contains ONLY peanuts and salt. I use Smucker's Natural.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I love naturally more peanut butter with flax seeds. It is all natural with an addition of omega 3.
    http://www.naturallymore.com/
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of "Naturally More" Peanut butter.

50% more fiber, 25% more protein

Its great on low fat waffles with a little sugar free jelly YUM!