NSV with pics: My first 5K

Options
MichelleB69
MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
I just completed my first 5K yesterday and met my goal of running it in under 31:00. Official time was 30:52 and I was #30 of 77 in my age catagory (40-44, I'm 42). I have NEVER been a runner, so I am pretty damn proud of myself. I started strength training & walk/jogging in mid-March and had to run for 1 min/walk for 1min at first. Now I can easily run 2 miles w/o stopping and even ran my entire 5K w/o stopping AND sprinted the last .25 miles!

I started MFP in March at 157. I now weigh 145. Here are some comparision pics; the first one is from a few years ago....at my heaviest: 172. The one on the right was taken right after my race on Sat: approx 145 lbs. I only weigh myself once a month, so not entirely sure of current weight. But this journey is as much about getting my head in the right place as well as my health....and I LOVE feeling strong and healthy!!
IMG_0178-1.jpg

Replies

• thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options
    I just completed my first 5K yesterday and met my goal of running it in under 31:00. Official time was 30:52 and I was #30 of 77 in my age catagory (40-44, I'm 42). I have NEVER been a runner, so I am pretty damn proud of myself. I started strength training & walk/jogging in mid-March and had to run for 1 min/walk for 1min at first. Now I can easily run 2 miles w/o stopping and even ran my entire 5K w/o stopping AND sprinted the last .25 miles!

I started MFP in March at 157. I now weigh 145. Here are some comparision pics; the first one is from a few years ago....at my heaviest: 172. The one on the right was taken right after my race on Sat: approx 145 lbs. I only weigh myself once a month, so not entirely sure of current weight. But this journey is as much about getting my head in the right place as well as my health....and I LOVE feeling strong and healthy!!

Congrats! That's fantastic and you look amazing. WTG!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! I hope to be able to do similar in a few months! Keep at it, you did awesome! :bigsmile:
  • dramaligre
    dramaligre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, running a marathon is one of my goals acutally. That is awesome!!!
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

IMG_0178-1.jpg

That's awesome! Great job!
  • MichelleB69
    Options
    Not sure why the photos won't show...tried making the IMG lower case, but then it would tell me the file had been moved? Sorry, my first attempt at trying to post a pic on the forums.

ETA: Finally figured it out
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Fantastic!! That is a very respectable 5k time, even for seasoned runners. You must be so proud. You go girl!
  • MichelleB69
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I really appreciate your story because I have similiar amount of wieght to lose. SW of 168 and going for 140. Good to know it is possbile! Take care and keep up the good work!
  • crazyears
    crazyears Posts: 50
    Options
    Wow , good for you. You look amazing and have accomplished so much.
  • Kansas_Michelle
    Kansas_Michelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME! Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? I'd LOVE to look that good at 145! I'm only 5'2", tho.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You look great.
    Awesome job running. That is a great time for your 5K.
  • MichelleB69
    Options
    Sexyrexy12; I am 5'5" and THANK YOU...I feel pretty awesome!
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    So awesome!!! Congrats on the time and great attitude! I love reading race reports.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!