What's your goal and who's your inspiration/motivation?

Options
As the title says, a discussion on all of your goals and who/what you are using to inspire/motivate you...

Replies

• MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 70-80lbs. My biggest motivation is to lose weight for a holiday I'm going to next year!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've got several goals....that hopefully will occur at enough intervals along the way that I always have something to work towards, some that I should reach fairly soon and others that could take up a good portion of the rest of the year.
    1. Ultimate goal is to get back down to a size 6 or 8, what weight will that happen at...no clue but I think I set MFP up for 130 & currently 212.5
    2. Reach a total loss of 30 lbs, only about 8 lbs to go for that milestone
    3. Reach ONEderland, about 13 lbs to go
    4. Wear something new and cute while on vacation ( I've purchased a few things....jumpsuit, dress, bathing suit-a bikini no less but might be unrealistic goal for me by summer)
    5. Finish c25k program
    6. Enjoy wearing all my heels, I love them but they're just not comfortable anymore. I want to be able to make it the entire night without feeling like I have to either sit down or change into flats
    7. Take joy in appearance rather than just having to go with something because it fits...so close to this!
    8. I'm in between a lot of sizes, but ready to say bye to 16 and XL forever!

Long term goals are great but can seem like it takes forever. I like....no I NEED goals that are obtainable in the near future, otherwise I would not make it! I mean I'm over 20 lbs lost and I still don't notice a difference in appearance, so I need something that is tangible.
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My big goal is to be healthier.
    I am at a weight that makes me feel like a fat old unhealthy slug.

Smaller goal is to fit into some pretty dresses sitting in my closet. My four year old loves fancy dresses, which I never wear lately since all my stuff's tight and I have no occasion to buy a new dress for anyway right now. So this weekend I was showing her some of them and telling her how someday she can have them and her eyes just lit up. She thought they were so beautiful --and I want her to see me wear them. I'd say 15-20 more lbs and I'll be in them.
  • aftnrid88
    aftnrid88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 86lbs total and so far I'm down 27lbs. Two of the most important goals I've made are to log my food honestly every day and decide to continue making changes every day. My biggest motivator/support has been my boyfriend. We're both losing weight, making similar changes, and encouraging each other. With someone I see and eat with so often, it's been so nice to make healthy changes together. Makes things seem so much more doable.
  • DaShila
    DaShila Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 100lbs. I started at 316lbs and is now down to 232lbs. The goal for me is to feel more comfortable in my skin and to have a more healthier lifestyle in general. I come from a family that main health problems are heart disease, diabetes,high cholesterol, and the list goes on and on. I want to minimize those changes of me having those problems as much as possible.My main supporter would be my mother and younger brothers. Since starting my health journey I have influence my brother which is battling weight and health problems of his own to get healthier.
  • ghostygirl92
    ghostygirl92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose around 50-60 lbs by next April, I also want to lose 20 lbs hopefully by May, I'm Bridesmaid for my besties wedding next year and she and her other bridesmaids are in great shape, so I want to look my best next to them. Its my sisters 21st in May and Id love to be down a dress size by then, im currently 14-16 uk, and 197 lbs, i started and 204lbs 3 weeks ago.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be the healthiest and fittest me that I can be; my inspiration and motivation is my wife and kids...I have a great responsibility to care for my boys in particular and I want to be around for quite awhile to do that.
  • TGMotorcycle
    TGMotorcycle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My goal is to weigh 130 pounds. I want to be down to a size 10 by May currently 16-14 depending on style. I have a bet with my sister's that I can do it by May for my son's wedding.
  • DAaaMan64
    DAaaMan64 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is abs by yesterday and my inspiration is a male model whom starves himself 3 days a week for a million dollar salary.

Not really though. Goal is to bounce between 12-18% BF while getting strong and more athletic.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Goal is about 60 lbs. Motivation is feeling good about myself and having more energy. Also providing a better example for my kids.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have split my weight loss into many little goals to make it easier on my mind rather than the one big number st the end.
    I have another 25 pounds to go and then ill reassess.
    One of my goals is to be lighter than my husband who is extremely lean with a low bf% . I always been heavier than him and though it doesn't bother him ( he says he loves my curves ) it does me.

I also want to set a good example to my kids as well as being healthier
  • tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I gained about 20 lbs in the past year or so...would love to be back where I was. Goal is to be down 10 lbs by March 21(spring break)....and another 10 by June 10 (my bff's wedding). Plus, I'll be turning 30 in a couple of days. I gotta get this under control!
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I want to lose 80-100 pounds. My motivation is my 3.5 month old daughter.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TGMotorcycle me too! I would love to be a 10 by May; it seems like it's taking forever to firmly get out of 16.

Lol I'd love to be a firm 14 at this point...ughhh
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    What I used to look like, and all the clothes I'll be able to fit in again
  • TGMotorcycle
    TGMotorcycle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @motivatedsister, you can do it I know I will do my best I have a scale and measure everything I even started making my own bread and most of my food from scratch. I cut out everything with fructose corn syrup. I do eat food with more sugar then what is recommended do to having low blood sugar and if I don't I have dizzy spells. I never eat back the calories I gain from exercise because I cannot work out like most due to health reasons so what takes most people 15 miniutes takes me 25 so I do not get the cardio but I am more concerned in just being able to be active at all. If you want to add me you may