Couch to 5k program

Options
Hi! I have never posted here before...so here we go!~

I'm starting this program today. How do I log that in my exercise diary? What do I put it under?

Thanks!

Replies

• Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I log the minutes I walked at the pace I walked and the same with the running. Hope that helps!!!:wink:
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do it outdoors so I use a site called mapmyrun.com to figure out the distance I cover during the half hour and then double it to get my average run/walk speed. That's how I log mine.

Otherwise when I have access to a treadmill I would track how many minutes I was running and how many I walked and log those seperately at their speeds.
  • kluver42
    kluver42 Posts: 24
    Options
    i put it under both walking and jogging. For example, today I'm doing Week 7 day 3, so I'll probably end up putting "Walking 3.5 mpg for 10 minutes" (the warm up and cool down), "Jogging 5.0 mph for 25 minutes"
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have always logged it as XX minutes of walking and XX minutes of running (whatever speed you go at). Both of them are in the database. It is nice to see the calories burned increase as you go through the programme.

Good luck with the programme!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    Morning
    I have just started the program last week
    and i have to re-do again this week
    still not there but making improvement
    I put down walking very brisk pace for 30 mins
    not sure?
    if you do find out let me know
    thanks
    feel free to add me...i need all the support i can get
    with this couch5K it's killing me:)
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor to get the calories burned and then created my own entry of C25K.