Weight fluctuations

Options
Just curious as to how your weight can fluctuate so much during the day and night. I bought a digital scale to more accurately track my weight. I weighed in last night and this morning and this morning I was 5.5 pounds lighter than last night, and no i wasnt on the toilet all night lol. That Thai food can't have evaporated lol.

Replies

• RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I question the magic of food absorption constantly! Lol a good bit of the change is water and your digestive system doing its thing. Try not to think about it too much and be consistent with when you weigh yourself. I'm a fan of the right after the morning pee school of thought lol
  • IriaSparcast
    IriaSparcast Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Check your flooring - I live in an old house (114 yrs) and have to make sure i place my scale directly over a solid floor joist to get consistent readings. (if not, i can get wildly different readings in the same session just by moving the scale to different parts of the same room.)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I will fluctuate up to six pounds day to day.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That's so weird. I mean I got a new supposedly quality digital scale and I keep it on the bathroom on a flat surface just for that reason. My old scale would fluctuate moving around the living room and all that. But that big of difference just seems crazy to me. I already knew I should weigh at the same time everyday but never tried Wayne one night and then the next morning or one morning and in the same night and seeing such a huge fluctuation. Weird.