My pep talk to me.........do you have one?

Options
Do y'all have a talk you give to yourself to keep you going forward? If so, what is it? Maybe I can learn from yours and/or incorporate yours into mine.

Since everything we do in life begins with a "thought" first, I realize I have to change my thinking.............on many levels I'm sure. So I have to change my thinking about weight loss before I can change my acting, and sometimes I have to update up my thinking every day or remind myself of things every day.

I have to remember and just accept right now that I won't do perfect or do good every single day, BUT rather than give up I will just try again on the next meal. I will not look at it as "day to day" or "month to month", but instead I will think about it as "meal to meal" and "snack to snack". That means that I can start all over all the time. I don't have to give up just because I messed up because I am GOING to mess up. So I'm going to be okay with that and not let it get me down.

THAT is what I think will help me. I didn't do good this morning, but that's okay ~ I will do better for lunch. And even though I didn't get on the treadmill this morning, I plan to go over to the stairwell at the back of my office complex and walk up and down it a few times (thank Goodness it's only a 2 story building. LOL :wink: ). That will at least be SOMETHING rather than nothing, and I will at least feel better about things since I don't feel that great about how I did for breakfast. In my mind, they will cross each other out, and that means I'm right back on track! WOO HOO! :grin:

When I feel bad about messing up, I tend to feel hopeless and think "it's no use". No more of that. I will start changing my thinking in order to help me feel better about going forward instead of feeling guilty about falling backwards. It's not about being consistently perfect, it's about consistently trying.

And maybe this new thinking pattern or habit will bleed over into other areas of my life and that would be cool cuz I can always improve as an individual. So...........here I go...........I'm ready for this new chapter in life to begin and grow. :smile:

Replies

• mccoyt85
    mccoyt85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this!
  • LolaPlant
    LolaPlant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm so sorry that it's taken me this long to reply. I haven't been able to get back in here since I posted this.

Thank you so much mccoyt85 for your reply. I hope it helps you! I read it today and it made me feel better for sure because I had pop-tarts for lunch. :( I have been doing pretty good, but I wasn't prepared for anything today and I was in a rush, so that's what I grabbed. But that's okay because dinner WILL BE better! I'm just going to forget about lunch and go forward. I will try to "prepare" better for future lunches though. :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I give myself a pep talk every morning at 5AM when I wake up. I give myself a pep talk before my last set, when I'm struggling with that last rep, when I'm running and my cripple foot is about to give out - it's a constant occurence. It mostly consists of "you can do this," "you can get your dream bod," and envisioning my future vacation and how flabby/out of shape I will be if I don't keep going (or the opposite of how toned/in shape I could be if I keep pushing). Motivation is the key to success. That and consistency.
  • LolaPlant
    LolaPlant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you peaceout_aly for sharing that. Some days it's hard to keep the motivation going, but as long as we keep talking to ourselves and pushing ourselves and NOT giving up...........WE CAN DO IT! :smiley:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    My pep talk is pretty easy and I usually think it when i look in the mirror… "just wake up an ounce lighter each day… one or two ounces that's As long as you're not getting an ounce heavier..you're on the right track." and it works.