Protein Shakes

Options
124»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Another question I have tho ..

Why do people say to avoid mass gainers ?
    How are they different from protein shakes ?

Cheap carbs and proteins and a HUGE scoop. A lot of people like to fool themselves into thinking that suppliments count as real food, which they aren't. Every serious bodybuilder, powerlifter, and athlete that I know or have listened to will always tell you that you need to dial in your diet first before you even think of suppliments. That's not the message that the suppliment industry wants you to hear but if you plan your meals properly you shouldn't need them at all in reality unless you are in a rush and just need something fast and easy. For me, I went back to whey because cottage cheese is a lot more expensive but I prefer real food over the highly processed not-sure-whats-in-it suppliments.
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    21 day fix chocolate shakes. The dietitians are cool with the ingredients and it helps me get something in my tummy before 11am. I don't like pre-cooked eggs and stuff and cooking is the last thing I want to do when I wake up :)
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been a ON Gold Standard - Milk Chocolate fan for quite some time. Those mentioning cinabun flavors have me intrigued.

That being said, Optimum Nutrition is 120kcals with around 24-26g protein per serving... Out of curiosity, does anyone have a reputable protein shake that has significantly more g's of protein per serving? What are the kcals for each serving?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Isopure Dutch Chocolate, 50g of protein per serving, 1g of fat, 3g of carbs, 220 calories, and it's delicious

Think that is the one we get for my son (15 years old) while doing all his tennis training. I think the one only has 32g protein and we are getting it at Costco.

Beyond that, I make my own protein shakes in my blender, mixing a good amount of fruits, green leaf, yogurt, sometimes cottage cheese, sometimes protein powder, avocado seed, etc.
  • pindertoor
    pindertoor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't use anything but New Zealand Whey Protein. The reason, they have strict farming regulations over there and aren't allowed to feed their cows grains only grass making their protein organic. I've been using Kaizen New Zealand Whey for the last year and I absolutely love it. No added sugar, no sodium, no cholesterol and still provides 24g of protein per 31g scoop.
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Premiere Protein. 30g for 160cal and I can get it in bulk at Sam's Club. Tastes horrific though but I'm not drinking it for it's flavor so I suck it up.
  • jennahudson01
    jennahudson01 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    pindertoor wrote: »
    I don't use anything but New Zealand Whey Protein. The reason, they have strict farming regulations over there and aren't allowed to feed their cows grains only grass making their protein organic. I've been using Kaizen New Zealand Whey for the last year and I absolutely love it. No added sugar, no sodium, no cholesterol and still provides 24g of protein per 31g scoop.

Really?? Jeez I'm about to move to New Zealand then
  • jennahudson01
    jennahudson01 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Isopure Dutch Chocolate, 50g of protein per serving, 1g of fat, 3g of carbs, 220 calories, and it's delicious

Think that is the one we get for my son (15 years old) while doing all his tennis training. I think the one only has 32g protein and we are getting it at Costco.

Beyond that, I make my own protein shakes in my blender, mixing a good amount of fruits, green leaf, yogurt, sometimes cottage cheese, sometimes protein powder, avocado seed, etc.

I love that! I appreciate people who take the time to actually make there own natural shakes or smoothies (: