Good, cheap HRM

lauraaaaxo
lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hiya, can anybody recommend a good cheap HRM? I have had a little look but only found ones that are around 50quid but i'm a poor student! So any recommendations would be great thanks.

Oh and UK websites if possible as I am in the UK:)

Replies

• hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 385 Member
    I'm selling my new in open package HRM. I am asking $20 plus shipping. Here is a link to my listing on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPORTLINE-DUO-1025-DUEL-HEART-RATE-MONITOR-/280699643563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415b00a6ab#ht_1401wt_698

If you're interested in it you can send me a message on my MFP profile or you can purchase it right there. Its good, but I just don't seem to use it.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    I made the mistake of going the cheap route and my first HRM wasn't worth the plastic it was packaged in. I ended up with a later model Polar which I love. Check a sporting goods store in your area for coupons, member discounts or maybe even search Ebay. Getting a good one now will save you frustration in the long run; maybe even save up a bit if you have too.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    There no such thing as a good cheap HRM. You get what you pay for. If you want accurate readings (especially calories burned) then you will need to pay more. Don't throw your money away by buying a cheap one. Make sure you get one that includes a chest strap, not just the watch.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    I made the mistake of going the cheap route and my first HRM wasn't worth the plastic it was packaged in. I ended up with a later model Polar which I love. Check a sporting goods store in your area for coupons, member discounts or maybe even search Ebay. Getting a good one now will save you frustration in the long run; maybe even save up a bit if you have too.

This! I did the same thing... spent 50 bucks on a cheap useless HRM then ended up having to spend another 85 to get one that actually worked! I got a Polar FT4 and it's awesome. I wish I had just spent the money in the first place because in the long run I ended up spending almost double.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 385 Member
    I'm selling my new in open package HRM. I am asking $20 plus shipping. Here is a link to my listing on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPORTLINE-DUO-1025-DUEL-HEART-RATE-MONITOR-/280699643563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415b00a6ab#ht_1401wt_698

If you're interested in it you can send me a message on my MFP profile or you can purchase it right there. Its good, but I just don't seem to use it.

Oh yeah...this is NOT Plastic. Its actually very nice and has a lot of features to it.
  • I personally wouldn't go cheap either. I use a Garmin 110 Forerunner which wasn't cheap but I use it all the time now for both running and when I want to work out and check cal burn. I would look on ebay for older models of reputable HRM's that people are selling on. In most cases people will have bought the kit in a bid to loose weight and then they gather dust, or they are upgrading to a newer model. In most cases you'll get a good deal.
  • I second everybody's thought here. I recently invested in a Polar FT7 and I am very happy that I did so.
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks guys, looks like i'll have to save up for a bit and invest in a better one, I shall also have a look on ebay:)
This discussion has been closed.