TomTom Spark Cardio

Options
Does anyone the Tom Tom Spark Cardio watch? How is it overall? Does it sync with My Fitness Pal? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've had it for about 2 weeks now. It's good and I like it. I don't sync it with MFP so can't answer there. It's not as feature rich as the Garmin 235 (that I had and returned) but it has potential to add more features soon. I've used the music feature a couple of times and it worked quite well. The GPS works great and I haven't had any issues with the HRM either (though others have).
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I just recently purchased one so I'm still sorting it out. It does sync with MFP (though I have found out that it is not as automatic as it leads you to believe. I think that might be a function of their software link, but it is easy enough to have it sync with MFP and other apps if you know what to do). I have it update MFP and MapMyFitness.

Compared to chest strap HRMs it does seem to give comparable results. I found that rates are typically within a beat or two per minute between the wrist based and the chest based HRM. It looks like the wrist based system responds more slowly to changes but the lag isn't long. There is already cardio lag in your heart rate response to speeding up and slowing down. A few additional seconds probably is not going to make a huge difference. If you are training according to HR Zone (and I do), you can set up customized zones and run within them.

The GPS tracking is really surprisingly good. The QuickGPS feature, which downloads the basic almanac message data for quickly finding the satellites in an open sky situation, has my watch ready to go in less than 20 seconds. According to the information, the QuickGPS data is good for 3-days. Otherwise, when you plug the watch in, it updates the watch with a new set of GPS data.

So far, I like it, but I am still figuring it all out. Mine has Bluetooth headphone capability.